Topic closed

#1 Tue 30 Jan 07 1:20pm

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

I am peeved -The Flavour Shaker, now resolved

Today I rang the company that distributes the flavour shaker here in Australia (McPherson's Australia), to ask what I could do about my broken flavour shaker. I also enquired about the new stainless steel model and when it would be available in Australia. I was told that they did not know when - or even if this was happening.

That didn't bother me too much.

I explained to the young lady on the phone (Tatiana) that the plastic rim broke the fourth time I had used it. I also explained that I used the flavour shaker properly and it just fell apart in my hands.

The shop I bought my flavour shaker from is temporarily closed so I asked if I could send my broken flavour shaker to them instead. The young woman put me on hold and came back and told me I really should return it to the shop I bought it from, but if I couldn't, then I could mail it to them and they would assess it but could not guarantee they would send me a replacement.

I was gobsmacked. The product is faulty. I pointed out that I was using it for the fourth time when it broke. I was using it correctly at the time it broke and they need to assess it and decide whether they wanted to send me a replacement?? I was very polite when I said this and then I just hung up.

Not happy. I really do not want another plastic flavour shaker, I would have been happy to pay the difference (and postage) for a stainless steel model (which I explained) and these people do not really want to help me out.

Crap service guys.
sad

Last edited by sadie-hoshi (Wed 31 Jan 07 12:14am)

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 30 Jan 07 7:06pm

saltedm8

Forum champ
Occupation Website designer
From Kent, eng
Member since Fri 11 Mar 05

Re: I am peeved -The Flavour Shaker, now resolved

try ebay, they have quite a few steel flavour shakers listed  wink

( although it does not excuse the origonal problems, mine has done the same )

Last edited by saltedm8 (Tue 30 Jan 07 7:06pm)

I design stuff, here is some of it: http://saltedm8.deviantart.com
    Likes (0)

#3 Wed 31 Jan 07 12:13am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Salty,
I actually sent an email with the above complaint to William Levine and this morning when I checked my email from them asking for my adress so they will send me a replacement stainless steel model. Fantastic service.

I think McPhersons are going to get a bit of a talking to in regards to this.

My issue was not with the fact that the flavour shaker broke, it was in the general disinterest in my problem. Basically I was willing, at my own expense, to send the flavour shaker back to them for an exchange and they actually said they would assess the damage and could not guarantee it would be replaced.

Australian consumer law actually states that if a product breaks within a given amount of time under normal use than the consumer is supposed to be given a refund of their money or a replacement. this means that McPhersons was supposed to say to me that they would send out a replacement on reciept of my broken flavour shaker.

Anyway, William Levine has been more than helpful so I am happy now.

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 01 Feb 07 6:15am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

It's possible that the company in australia just wanted to make sure that it was a manufacturing fault rather than a misuse. They did go about it in a bit of a crap way though.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 05 Feb 07 6:16pm

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

thanks for your feedback guys

head on over to the flavour shaker thread here where there is already discussion on this one...

http://forum.jamieoliver.com/viewtopic.php?id=22748

cheers

Bob

Likes (0)
Topic closed