Jamie Oliver

forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 01 Feb 07 10:28am

ZORZOU

Forum champ
Occupation STAYING AWAKE BECAUSE OF MY SECOND BABY!!
From ATHENS - HELLAS
Member since Sun 15 Oct 06

CHOICES........

Talking about choices.......

http://www.msf.org/

Just check the choices of these people......
Are they served good food at their school dinners???
Is it JO fault for not being able to eat whatever they chose.......????

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 01 Feb 07 4:34pm

ZORZOU

Forum champ
From ATHENS - HELLAS

Re: CHOICES........

Also guys check this site.... I think this kid did't like his tuna served at school dinners because of the dolphins issue.... Maybe this kid is anorexic too.... sad

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … Id=5241442
http://www.picturenet.africa.com/photographers/kc/

I had (and still have this picture) over my rooms' wall to remember and appreciate what I have...... Some should try it some times.....

PS sorry for being sarcastic but reading all these nonsense in some threads made me furious....

Last edited by ZORZOU (Thu 01 Feb 07 4:36pm)

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 01 Feb 07 5:30pm

Vasia

Occupation just statistics...
From Athens, Greece
Member since Mon 07 Aug 06

There 's nothing to add Zorzou. Pictures from these links talk by themselves...
To whom that think that the only problem is for example, if their kid like or not the food served in his/her school...

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 01 Feb 07 5:50pm

confuzed

From Shanghai ;-)
Member since Thu 07 Apr 05

I hear you Zourzou!

And I agree-people should start smelling the coffe and apreciate what they have in life!  roll

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 01 Feb 07 5:58pm

Vasia

From Athens, Greece

That 's true confused. If we thought in that way, perhaps we 'd live in a more "human" world.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 02 Feb 07 12:29pm

ZORZOU

Forum champ
From ATHENS - HELLAS

Vasia wrote:

There 's nothing to add Zorzou. Pictures from these links talk by themselves...
To whom that think that the only problem is for example, if their kid like or not the food served in his/her school...

Thank you Vasia..  If omly we all understood that kids out there are starving to death literally....and having our kids the chance to chose their food is a luxury others don't have....
Just a visit at unicefs' site will convince some that actually having food everyday on our table is a bless

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 02 Feb 07 1:32pm

Vasia

From Athens, Greece

You are just right..

Likes (0)

#8 Thu 08 Feb 07 10:21am

panoraia

Member since Mon 05 Feb 07

Well said Zorzou, but as I see no one seems to care.  Having no food, lucking water supplies, not knowing what freedom is, are some of the stuff we don't know and don't seem to care. Our ancestors in Greece (not that many years ago) -exept water- had faced all that and have leart to appreciate every day.  I see that we tend to ignore our past, and prefer to live like in fast-foods...
On a scale we have to things: on the one side is the obesity and on the other the famine, which side do you (all of you out there) think the scale leans? Or you don't care neutral

Likes (0)

#9 Thu 08 Feb 07 7:04pm

Vasia

From Athens, Greece

Τhat's true panoraia. We seem to ignore whatever we haven't faced in our lives. And only one thought of what's happenning around is enough to change our attitude towards food and every aspect of our life in general. But we don't have time to waste even for a thought.
As for us (Greeks) we tend to forget some things like everyone. However, our food habits aren't so bad, yet. We respect the home made food in general. And it is something that has to do with the family, I think. If we are taught to good food we are going to avoid fast food and when we grow up and have are own family, I believe that we 'll try to keep this way of life. And we 'll find time for cooking healthy if we really want.
On the other side if parents go their children to eat fast food all the time, then of course we 'll face the same problems faced in other countries where children don't know what home made food means..
As for the scale you've mentioned, wherever it leans, it's really sad..

Likes (0)

#10 Sun 11 Feb 07 9:30am

ZORZOU

Forum champ
From ATHENS - HELLAS

I hope everybody had equal chances in life but that's just an utopic feeling... neutral

Likes (0)