forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 14 Feb 07 1:26pm

jenny shannon

Member since Wed 14 Feb 07

starvation

Help, my 8 yr old boy is at home with a migraine today brought on by hunger. a school dinner lady stopped him from eating any lunch at all yesterday. clearly I have complained. I am very upset and angry.

Does anyone know which legal statutes can be quoted at them to stop them doing this again.

Do you all think that I should contact THE SUN ?

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 14 Feb 07 5:43pm

ZORZOU

Forum champ
Occupation STAYING AWAKE BECAUSE OF MY SECOND BABY!!
From ATHENS - HELLAS
Member since Sun 15 Oct 06

Re: starvation

Maybe you should post this in school dinners forum so that you get more right answers....
I don't know about school dinners (as in my country aren't any in public schools) but I believe that you should go immediately at the school's principal and complain.  And of course don't give up if they say it won't happen again.  Yesterday your boy, tomorrow another's mom boy... Don't let it go.

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 14 Feb 07 8:09pm

ady+deb

Occupation ady=warehouseman, deb=powerhouse/godess
From nr Heathrow , London
Member since Thu 12 Oct 06

That is terrible Jenny,
      Don't let this pass, I would be in there straight away having a right go.
      Good luck, keep smiling,
          Ady.

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 15 Feb 07 1:26am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Have you actually talked to the head at the school, and tried to find out the details of what actually happened?

There is often a lot more to the story than the children actually report, and you do need tofind out what actually happened, and why it happened before steaming in with all guns blazing.

I would particularly avoid going to the Sun - people who do usually regret it when they see how they themselves are portrayed.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 19 Feb 07 3:33pm

Katja

Forum champ
Occupation Study to become a social and healthcare assistent
From Denmark
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

I also think you should do something about it as a person cant stop another person from eating ...

good luck and keep us posted about what happens  smile

Last edited by Katja (Mon 19 Feb 07 3:33pm)

Likes (0)