forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 20 Feb 07 6:14pm

nicky nacker-nocker

Member since Wed 20 Sep 06

who's stuffing your pancake tonight?

well i'm celebrating the highly religious shrove tuesday festival with a major pancake stuffing - just me and the boys from ruislip rugby club

my absolute favourite is a nice ripe banana and lots of oozing cream

what's your favourite?

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 20 Feb 07 6:49pm

Ronnie B

Occupation looking after cute ickle flowers
From slough
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

Re: who's stuffing your pancake tonight?

fluck it couldnt stay away ! sadly im in sunny ireland visiting the folks so miles away from the tasty pancakes i like to get my teeth into, might have head into town tonight an find a few new flavors to devour! tongue

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 20 Feb 07 6:55pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Good work Nicky, I've got a couple of rugby boys round tonight too for a bit of maple-syrup-fuelled hedonism.  Unfortunately, only one of them is mine, the others are bringing their girlfriends...  Oh well, one'll do.  Personally, it has to be butter and maple syrup, or even better, strawberry jam and butter.

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 20 Feb 07 7:19pm

Rome

Member since Tue 20 Feb 07

I've made my pancakes but, as far as the filling is concerned, I'm torn between Strawberry jam and whipped cream or "gelato alla crema" (Italian ice cream  tongue ).

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 20 Feb 07 7:24pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

I've just been informed that we're having a savoury course too.  Ham and cheese, and mushrooms with cream are apparently making an appearance.

My housemate just got sent to Sainsbury's to sort out ingredients.  He got back and informed us they had no lemon juice.  When asked why he didn't buy lemons, he replied, "Oh, I didn't think of that."

This is the same guy who once had to be sent a picture of a butternut squash by phone so he'd know what to buy.  Bless him.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 20 Feb 07 10:05pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Excuse my asking, but what has Shrove Tuesday to do with pancakes? Is that a tradition? (Sorry, but we don't have this tradition here if it is...)

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 20 Feb 07 10:52pm

Dougs

Member since Mon 25 Sep 06

Susanne, it is a tradition, everyone calls it pancake day here ! Really not sure what the connection is......... hmm

Suppose I should know really  whistle

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 20 Feb 07 11:00pm

young mum

Forum champ
Member since Tue 22 Mar 05

lol  lol

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 20 Feb 07 11:12pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

My son asked for pancakes this morning, he settled for french toast... I totally forgot it is Shrove Tuesday today... have a good meal though!

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 20 Feb 07 11:14pm

ellboy

From ell's kitchen
Member since Mon 11 Apr 05

went to a dutch restaurant a few weeks back and had a pancake with fresh raspberries and white chocolate, dee-licious. it was swimming in cream too, had to have a triple by-pass just to get up for the loo.

el.

Likes (0)