Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Fri 23 Feb 07 3:39am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Whats For Supper?

My hubby set up a stationary bike for me, but it's in the garage, lol! I do 45 min aerobics/15-20 on the bike and a 30 - 40 min power walk, it's all will power, happy workouts to you both! Needless to say, it's all salads and veggies for me...

Likes (0)

#42 Fri 23 Feb 07 10:46am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

roasted chicken breast with Brussel sprouts and a rough mash of parsnip/carrot&potato.  the mash was very tasty and brussel sprouts are one of my fav. veggies.   mrgreen  mrgreen

Bcrain . you will have to tell me how it turned out. I am going to make some fresh Naan this weekend and  was thinking of a lamb or goat curry. If i can't find the recipe our friend gave us for Red kidney bean curry i may give the cauliflower one a go.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#43 Fri 23 Feb 07 10:56am

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

well i had 1/2 a bacon and egg sanga 2nite. every1 went out 4 tea, but im tired, have HEAPS of homework and i dont feel well, so i stayed home sad... does anyone hav any cures for days like these? lol

Likes (0)

#44 Fri 23 Feb 07 9:25pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Ashen, I hope to try it this weekend but if I can't find a few ingredients it will have to wait till I go into the city with my list, lol. I called an Indian restraunt last night and they said I could just buy the tandoori marinade, haha, but I will try it on my own first. Have you made the naan before? I bought some from the grocery store but am sure it's nothing like the real stuff. Maybe the Indian shops would have the fresh stuff.

I have some chicken boobs marinating in mirin mixture which I shall grill. I think I might have that sliced ontop of a salad with another grilled veggie... oh! I think I will bake the beets that have been waiting for me to do something with, lol!

Likes (0)

#45 Sat 24 Feb 07 8:18am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

My wife and i visted her parents tonight for supper.  Roasted pork tenderloin and gravy. Turnip/carrot mash, green beans ,potato, and brussel sprouts.  her mom makes em just for me   mrgreen  as my wife and her father don't like em. 

Bcrain  - Yes fresh Naan is great stuff, I visited an indian restuarant in the byward market of Ottawa a few years ago with tandoor ovens . They cook the naans just before they serve em.. Awesome stuff.   I havn't made them before but the recipe actually looks fairly simple . the recipe comes from an Indian co-worker of my wife, who is an excellent cook. She did a bit of cooking for a local indian specialty food store awhile back.By  telephone word of mouth in the indian community, the  store sold out of her food in a couple hours.

Likes (0)

#46 Sat 24 Feb 07 9:11am

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

tonight we had a very ordinary dinner, as we have a housefull and theres a few that aren't feeling to great... i just got back from babysitting duties at the hospital myself (my lil cousin has an appendisitis sad ) and i will probly be doin the same thing on wednesday (my lil bro this time, lol.. cant win!), so it was just roasted chicken and a garden salad... very simple and easy... the chiken was pre-cooked from woolworths!

Likes (0)

#47 Sat 24 Feb 07 11:58am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

I feel lucky now as my local kebab shop (which I visited sober for the first time about a week ago) makes their naan bread fresh with every order.  I never noticed the guy in the corner kneading away! 
Last night we had a mushroom risotto as I had a big bagful of mixed mushrooms that needed using up (I got them cheap!).  Tonight I think I'll get a rack of lamb and roast it quickly with cinnamon and honey, have some veggies with that; quick, easy and reasonably healthy!  The Farmers' Market is on today but I've got far too much work to do to make it...  hmm

Likes (0)

#48 Sat 24 Feb 07 1:39pm

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

emmylou... i am jealous that you have a woolworths still. The lunch counter at woolworths is the earliest memory i have of eating out as a child.  MMMM  vanila Frappe..  big_smile  big_smile   Thanks for bringing that memory back  cool

Likes (0)

#49 Sat 24 Feb 07 3:04pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

TOnight, I've go tmy Mum & Dad coming over and am going to serve home made steak and Guiness pie (with the rugby on in the background) big_smile

Likes (0)

#50 Sat 24 Feb 07 3:36pm

gregandjanine

Occupation Teacher/Registered Nurse
From Brisbane Australia
Member since Fri 14 Apr 06

oh ahh...

We have just had ours...

nut paste made out of nuts and 'sim sim'... some sort of special flour I think, and sweet potato's cooked by one of our Nigerian friends... We HAVE to get the recipe...

Some grapes

A bottle of white wine... a clean skin... chardonnay.

I think it is time for bed... I don't know how many times I have gone back and corrected mistakes... thank goodness for spell check!!!!

nighty night... from the land of Oz....

Janine

Oh and I forgot... some white chocolate raspberry bullets...  big_smile

Last edited by gregandjanine (Sat 24 Feb 07 4:00pm)

Likes (0)