forum: Food & Drink
for fresh pasta to cook it you blanch it
can someone explain this further, how many mins?
- Member since Fri 15 Apr 05
It depends on the pasta. If I get fresh tortellini from the deli, they take about two-three minutes. Fine spaghetti takes less. What sort have you got?
taglatelli, i make mysself
i put it in for like 3 but i always feel i over cook it. prob cus its too thin
- Member since Tue 22 Mar 05
- From Jamie's office
- Member since Thu 06 Jul 06
for fine tagliatelle you probably only need a minute, 2 mins max...
- Member Occupation Head Chef 'Old Government House Brisbane'
- From Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Member since Sat 01 Jul 06
Nice fresh pasta, 40-60 seconds in boiling water, then strait in the pan with your sauce for a further 2 minutes, toss don't stir. Good pasta 1.8mm-2mm thick...