forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#61 Sun 04 Mar 07 10:28am

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

Re: Whats For Supper?

had a big nite last nite... went to the footy and didnt get home til the early hours of the morning (dad had a few, lol).. so this  morning had a sleep in... more like i hibernated in bed all day big_smile (didnt get up til bout 2 sarvo, lol, the house was so peaceful.. everyone went on a picnic, but i was waaaay to tired).. so tonight i had a bacon and egg sandwich, lol... very simple and easy.. oh and last nite i had good ol' footy food... i think i had a hotdog.. cant remember back that far

Likes (0)

#62 Sun 04 Mar 07 12:05pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Last night was nursery food, boiled eggs with soldiers!  Tonight will be roast lamb, roast potatoes, roast carrots & parsnips & red onions & garlic, brussels sprouts and gravy, followed by rhubarb crumble and custard.

Likes (0)

#63 Sun 04 Mar 07 12:44pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

We have hangovers, so I'm about to order Dominos...  wink Everyone else is going to the pub for Sunday lunch, but if I see any lager, I'll  puke

Am currently planning a quietly impressive dinner for some friends, I want to show off a little but nothing too over the top.  Any suggestions?

Likes (0)

#64 Mon 05 Mar 07 9:43am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

oliviascotland wrote:

Last night was nursery food, boiled eggs with soldiers!  Tonight will be roast lamb, roast potatoes, roast carrots & parsnips & red onions & garlic, brussels sprouts and gravy, followed by rhubarb crumble and custard.

mmmm rhubarb crumble ..... i am for anything rhubarb....

Supper tonight .. we didn't get home til almost 9 pm... i had intended to bbq some steak tails but sliced it up fine and stir fried it up with the tofu and vegs i had intended for side... put it over some Rooster noodles  and dropped a big spoon of chili garlic sauce on top.   

i wonder if i have any frozen left from the summer... I think i will pester the wife to make her Rhubarb swirl white chocolate cheesecake if i do.   mrgreen

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#65 Mon 05 Mar 07 9:57am

emmylu

Occupation unknown

tonight i had friends so decided to get of my a.s.s and cook some decent tucker!
i made quiche with lemon olve mash, butternut pumpkin, green peas and tomato creme... absolutely delicious.
desert is pannacotta and home made cranberry citrus jelly.. yummo!!!

Likes (0)

#66 Tue 06 Mar 07 11:25am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

emmylu that cranberry citrus jelly sounds great... do you think i could get the recipe?  my wife, her parents and I go to a cranberry festival in the fall in northern ontario. We always come back with bags of fresh cranberrys and cranberry wine preserves etc. It would be nice to have another way to use them.

ham and eggs, fried mushrooms and toast tonight.

Likes (0)

#67 Tue 06 Mar 07 11:57am

emmylu

Occupation unknown

here you are ashen. enjoy smile. i will add it over in the recipe forum as well

CRANBERRY CITRUS JELLY

Ingredients:

120g rasberries
1/2 gelatine
1 1/2 T caster sugar
1/2 T lemon juice
1/2 T lime juice
(optional- 1/2 t orange zest)
3 C cranberries OR 80 mL cranberry juice

Method:

Grease 4 160ml metal moulds. Place 4 rasberries in each mould/
Cook the cranberries in boiling water till tender.
Rub them through a fine colander. (This should make one pint of pulp.)
Combine pulp with citrus juices. Sprinkle gelatine and sugar over juices in small heatproof jug.
Stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water, stir until sugar and gelatine dissolve.
Divide mixture among moulds. Refridgerate for 2 hrs or until set.

OPTIONAL

Make vanilla panna cotta. Pour into moulds, cover; refridgerate 3 hrs or overnight
Turn pannacotta onto serving plates, serve with remaing rasberries.

VANILLA PANNACOTTA

Ingredients:

2 t gelatine
1/4 C caster sugar
2/3 C milk
300mL thickened cream
1/2 t vanilla extract

Method:

Sprinkle gelatine and sugar over combined milk and cream in small saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until gelatine
and sugar dissolve, stir in extract. Strain in medium jug; cool to room temp.

Likes (0)

#68 Tue 06 Mar 07 5:39pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

yesterday we had a frittata some potato wedges ,and a bowl of oven cooked peppers,onoins and corgette to go with it.

today I think it will probably be cauliflower cheese

Likes (0)

#69 Tue 06 Mar 07 7:04pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Last night I used up the leftovers and made fried rice for the kids and me and dh had ribs and salads and some oven roasted japanese squash.

Tonight I am making stew.

Likes (0)

#70 Wed 07 Mar 07 11:22am

Ashen

Forum champ
From out to lunch

tonight we had Hot Legs and rice..  Chicken Drumsticks coated in a spicy paste and baked..   they are great grilled on the bbq as well..
My wife almost got lit up making it though, she mixed up one of my hot chili powders for regular chili powder. .. She  pulled out the Arbol chili powder to make it with.. After she made the paste she thought twice before putting it on the chicken and asked me. I laughed my butt off and gave her the chili powder mix and then used the paste with the arbol for myself..
Wow that had some good zing and great flavour  big_smile  big_smile  i opened the jar of garlic and onion chutney i bought a few months ago and it was the perfect thing to go with it  mrgreen

Likes (0)