forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 15 Mar 07 12:49am

Blythe

Member since Wed 14 Mar 07

Jamie's Tuna Recipe

I had a nice dinner at my friend's home yesterday. And she cooked a very yummy tuna dish that is kind of raw inside, but outside was grilled.
She said the tuna was season with Japanese soy sauce and black pepper before she grilled it. I really love this dish, and like to get the full version of this recipe or which book I should buy that listed with this recipe. Thanks  big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 15 Mar 07 5:40am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Re: Jamie's Tuna Recipe

Seared Tuna with the Best Potato Salad by Jamie Oliver.

2 pounds new potatoes, boiled until tender

1 tablespoon capers

1 lemon, juiced

Olive oil

1/2 red onion, finely chopped

1 celery heart, sliced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

4 8- to 10-ounce tuna steaks, each about 1-inch thick

1 good handful basil leaves, picked and finely chopped

1 lemon, juiced

For the potato salad: Cook the potatoes, and while still warm, add the capers and a good squeeze of the lemon. Add the oil, and toss in the red onion and celery heart and season with salt and pepper.

Lay out your tuna steaks on a tray and season with salt and pepper. I prefer to cook it on one of those ridged grill pans or in a frying pan. Rub your pan, which should be very, very hot, with a little bit of olive oil on a piece of kitchen paper, then put in the tuna. What you want to do is sear the tuna so that it toasts, fries, and browns, about 45 to 60 seconds on each side. Once cooked, I like to rip the steaks in half and place them on top of the potato salad.

Smash or pound up the basil in a mortar and pestle. Add a good glug of olive oil with a squeeze of lemon, and spoon this over each tuna steak.

Makes four servings. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 22 minutes.

Likes (0)