forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 17 Mar 07 8:46pm

Ruwaan J

Occupation School
Member since Fri 16 Mar 07

Passion for food

Hey Everyone including Jamie  big_smile

I've just registered to this site and i'm already very impressed!

I'm from South-Africa and had been cooking since I was 3 years old, thanx to my great gran. She started to teach me how to make scrambled eggs and from there on my passion for food just got bigger and bigger!

I've had the dream of becoming a chef since then and is still going strong! In my schools some of the other children criticised me and said it was a bad idea. But I went on and continued in the path of my dream! I watched cooking shows from a very young age because it fassinated me how they prepare the food ect.. Today I take home economics and cook as much as I can! I volunteer to cook for my mother and where ever I get the opportunity. Ive been laughed at for my passion for cooking, but if there is any young cooks out there... The best way to avoid it is just to ignore them and think where you will be in the future!  wink

Jamie has been my inspiration since the 1st time I watched his shows. And I find it very exciting to watch (even if my friends think it's boring)  yawn And I cant wait to be a chef!

I dont know how the viewing times differ in SA but I recently watched a Show "Jamies Kitchen" and think it is great what he is doing for those "young employees". I hope they relise what a big break he is giving them! And I look forward to the next episode and hope Jamie's restaurant is a big sucsess!!

I am looking forward to chatting with all you great cooks!!!  smile

Ruwaan  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 18 Mar 07 11:13am

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Re: Passion for food

Welcome Ruwaan.

If you serious abouve becoming a chef, check out the cooking careers section where you will find some like minded people, and also some ideas how to take the next steps.

Good luck

Mrs G wave

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 19 Mar 07 10:42pm

Ruwaan J

Occupation School
Member since Fri 16 Mar 07

Re: Passion for food

Tanx Mrs Gibba  big_smile

Likes (0)