little Patty

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 20 Mar 07 11:09pm

confuzed

From Shanghai ;-)
Member since Thu 07 Apr 05

Re: magazine

Little Patty,

Hehehe-nice to see that I'm not the only one around here with an addiction! big_smile

Next book on the wish list is Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme! And Keller's Bouchon...And probably 50 other books!!! wink

I'm all up for being your book reviewer! thumbsup

Confuzed

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 21 Mar 07 11:10pm

little Patty

Member since Wed 10 Jan 07

Thank you Confuzed!

and you can get all the books for free (plus extra payment if you try some of the recipes - some reviews are nothing more than what's already written in the back cover!!)

I would get only one famous chef per issue, the rest covered by cooking teachers with step by step photos, and real poeple doing their things: Maroccan men marinating lamb, Japanese zen monks cooking their daily miso soup, Italian women folding tortellini...these sort of things...obviusly I need a good travelling budget for writers and photographers, so I will be in touch when I win the lottery  lol  lol  lol

in the meantime I'll keep dreaming!

night night

little Patty

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 21 Mar 07 11:11pm

little Patty

Thank you Confuzed!

and you can get all the books for free (plus extra payment if you try some of the recipes - some reviews are nothing more than what's already written in the back cover!!)

I would get only one famous chef per issue, the rest covered by cooking teachers with step by step photos, and real poeple doing their things: Maroccan men marinating lamb, Japanese zen monks cooking their daily miso soup, Italian women folding tortellini...these sort of things...obviusly I need a good travelling budget for writers and photographers, so I will be in touch when I win the lottery  lol  lol  lol

in the meantime I'll keep dreaming!

night night

little Patty

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 21 Mar 07 11:57pm

oldthreetoes

Occupation Music Journalist/Writer and editor
From Vancouver, Canada
Member since Wed 21 Mar 07

there is a quarterly magazine put out called Diabetic Living, put out by the folks at Easy Living.  There is always cutting edge food products, and such things as Dreamfields pastas, that have carb blocking capabilities....

I prefer to watch cooking shows, and sometimes leave the food channel on all day.

Likes (0)

#16 Sun 25 Mar 07 11:30pm

little Patty

Hi Oldthreetoes

i found a Diabetic Living mag in the web, not sure if it is the same you are talking about...I was quite surprised to see that each single cover had a dessert on, mostly with berries. I may not know much about the subject, but one of my friend is diabetic (shoots twice a day) and the only fruit he can eat are green apples!!! I don't think he is even allowed to look at a dessert!

Maybe there are different degrees...are you diabetic?

bye  smile

little Patty

Likes (0)