forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 22 Mar 07 10:43am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

How Jamie at Home has changed our family life

Firstly, 7.30pm is difficult for us. 8 would be better (dinner-wise) because I turn into the wife/mother from hell if I am disturbed during the programme.Btw, this is *not* a whinge/complaint posting.

With a busy family (like many of us), who arrive home at various times, "starving" and running a food-based business from home, things get tricky, especially when the oven is in use at least 16hrs/day.

So, I plan ahead to have left-overs or something that can be cooked ahead or outside. Failing that, they cook their own (silently). At 19, 22 and 50+ they are more than capable. If they don't like what's on offer, they can provide their own. Junk food not allowed! They also have to clean up their own mess (silently).

This show brings out the "selfish" me for 30 mins/week.It goes *so* fast. Too fast. I need more "selfish me" time. I think I just gained 5 mins or so.

The landline gets switched to voicemail and the mobile gets turned to silent and put in another room.

Right now, I have to "nuke" my dinner (8.30pm) and hope my writer's cramp from taking notes is better by 10pm when I have to take my last batch of product (110-120 items) out of the oven and finish them off by hand.

Is mine the only family thus affected by this programme?

Maree.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#2 Thu 22 Mar 07 10:49am

Maree

Forum champ

Re: How Jamie at Home has changed our family life

Please be aware that this post is partially written "tongue in cheek". I have been a Jamie fan since the first Naked Chef, have all his books, bought all his videos and have changed them over to DVD and saw him during both his visits to Oz. Am a "sad" case.

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 22 Mar 07 11:31am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Maree - what you need is a recorder smile

Since I got  PVR, I can watch what I want when I want - and re-run to get the recipes down - and burn them onto DVD for later.

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 22 Mar 07 12:20pm

Maree

Forum champ

Have a video recorder but it's on its last legs.Have a DVD player. Waiting for the price to come down on the recorders.

And, would you know it, hubby got called back to work when half way home (and still isn't home @ 10.15), daughter had a late finish at Uni and has an early start tomorrow so is staying with a friend, son is working tonight (at last minute filling in for a friend).

Life's a lottery!

PS did you see my response to you re kale?

Best wishes,
Maree.

Likes (0)