forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 23 Mar 07 11:21pm

liam9554

Member since Thu 11 Jan 07

school dinners need to change in my school!!!

please give me ideas to change the school dinners in my schol because they still have 3 chip days every week help  help  help

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 24 Mar 07 3:20am

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

Re: school dinners need to change in my school!!!

hey,
why not start a petition or something? also, i have heard of an idea that was propposed at one school and really worked. what they did was had one healthy day, to see how it worked and what the students liked and disliked. all the junk food was replaced by healthy (but also appealing) food and the students really liked it... it was called healthy friday. just approach your principal or student council (SRC?) and see what they think. you could maybe take out a survey also, to see what other students think of getting rid junk food... i dont think it would be a good idea to completely get rid of junk food, but introduce healthy food gradually instead, i dout you would get a good response if all junk food was banned immediately. being from australia, we only have a canteen, and all of the food is packaged, so it may be different to where you are from. good luck,
emma
xxx

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 26 Mar 07 12:42pm

BraydenP

Member since Mon 26 Mar 07

Hello,

I will start a petition to get chip days, we have sandwhiches which are not filled, we have veg every day, we have flan all the time which takes like egg.

Thanks,

BMP.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 26 Mar 07 4:36pm

olufunmilayo

Member since Sun 25 Mar 07

yikes

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 26 Mar 07 4:37pm

olufunmilayo

Member since Sun 25 Mar 07

History of school dinners, funding of school dinners, decline of school dinners

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 27 Mar 07 12:31pm

emmylu

Occupation unknown
From sydney, nsw, australia
Member since Mon 20 Nov 06

Hey... instead of trying to get 'chip days', why not petition for better HEALTHY food with a bit of variety instead?

BraydenP wrote:

Hello,

I will start a petition to get chip days, we have sandwhiches which are not filled, we have veg every day, we have flan all the time which takes like egg.

Thanks,

BMP.

Likes (0)

#7 Wed 28 Mar 07 9:09pm

liam9554

Member since Thu 11 Jan 07

hi liam here what im trying to say is that my school still have chip days and i wanna stop that help

Likes (0)