forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 02 Apr 07 2:48pm

PSQuared7

Occupation Professional Photographer
From Washington, DC
Member since Fri 30 Mar 07

Lemon Curry Chicken and Sausage

Greetings from the other side of the pond. I have a recipe that I want share with you and I hope that you like it. I came up with this to satisfy my wife's cravings for savory food during her first pregnancy and now it has become the most requested dish that I cook in the winter. (I grill every night of the week in the spring and summer) I will let you know that the measurements that I am posting are always open to interpretation and can be altered for your tastes, but here goes:

Ingredients:

3 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
1 Polska Kiebasa sausage (sliced thinly)
2 shallots
2 Red Onions (sliced)
5 cloves of garlic
2 lemons
3 tablespoons of yellow curry powder
3 tablespoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup of Grapeseed Oil (can use olive oil if you prefer)
1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
1 pound package of Angle Hair Pasta, cooked and drained ( or whatever pasta noodles that you prefer)
kosher salt and pepper to taste

In a blender, combine the curry powder, cinnamon, 1 shallot, 3 cloves of garlic, Oil, Vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add chicken, sausage and marinade to 1 gallon freezer bag and marinate for 4-5 hours in the fridge.  Longer is OK.

In a large skillet or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 thinly sliced shallot, 2 thinly sliced cloves of garlic, and the sliced red onions. Saute until you start to see some browning. Add the chicken and sausage. Just dump while bag in. The sauce that it creates is wonderful. Saute uncovered for 8- 10 minutes then reduce the heat, cover and saute for 15-20 minutes. Spoon over the cooked pasta and enjoy.

Let me know what you think!

Paul Price (USA)

Likes (0)