forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 03 Apr 07 12:53am

Cusi

Member since Mon 26 Mar 07

Re: Cerviche

Hi!!!! Maree....
I´m from Argentina...
As far as i know, ceviche is a peruvian dish...they do some in ecuador too..ibut i think the best is from peru...

Cheers!

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 03 Apr 07 1:08am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Hi! Thanks for your response. They also do it in Polynesia (eg Tahiti) which is where the coconut milk comes into my elusive dish and since New Caledonia, though mainly Melanesian, is a French outpost, too.

My daughter did voluntary work for 2 months (mainly in Peru but some in Argentinia) 2 yrs ago.

She spent 5 months (mainly in Kenya) last year doing the same type of work during her gap year.

Nice talking with you!

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#13 Wed 04 Apr 07 6:23pm

ellboy

From ell's kitchen
Member since Mon 11 Apr 05

hi maree

my mexican mother-in-law makes this using peeled prawns but the authentic recipe calls for mackerel. you can use pretty much any fish you like.

cube the fish fillets into small dice, mixed with finely chopped onion, garlic, fresh ground black pepper, freshly squeezed lime juice and chopped red chilli pepper. allow to marinate for 4-5 hours in the fridge.

before serving add some chopped tomato (small dice), fresh chopped coriander and a squirt of ketchup(!). no honestly.

check for seasoning and salt to taste. if you add the salt at the beggining you might end up with a mushy pulp.

el.

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 04 Apr 07 8:17pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Thank you! Bought extra seafood for Good Friday. Will try it with some cubed barramundi. Let you know how it goes.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)