forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 08 Apr 07 5:48pm

ellboy

From ell's kitchen
Member since Mon 11 Apr 05

Re: what would your last meal be, if able to choose?

i wouldnt order my 'ideal' menu so much as go for things i couldnt bare to never have again, so here goes...

don't think i'd go for anything too elaborate, although foie gras has been mentioned a few times and it would be a great starter so i'm going for that first.

next up would have to be steak i'm afraid, something i never order in a restaurant but if it was my last meal i'd hate to think i was never gonna eat one again so a big juicy t-bone, perhaps what the spanish call 'chuleton lechal' which is a veal t-bone, very tender. oh and smothered with pepper.

that would be accompanied with some chunky farmhouse chips and a fresh tomato and avocado salad (once again i couldnt bare to never have avos again!)

there would have to be a pause now, imagine not having room for dessert!
so next up would be a cheese platter with crusty bread. that way it could sit for an hour or so while digesting. it'd have to include a nice ripe brie, a good crumbly stilton, a little mature cheddar and something mild, creamy and spreadable - suggestions welcome.

and finally, without meaning to sound greedy and seeing as silly things like health and weight are no longer a concern at this point i would definitely want something decadent, and we are obviously talking chocolate now, but seeing as it would be too tough to whittle down all those fantastic treats into just one last hoorah then why not a little selection of everything, profiteroles, tiramisu, fudge brownie, lashings of chocolate sauce, ice-cream, nuts, marshmallows oh and dont forget the flake on that mate!

i mean if there's any leftover it'll keep till tomorrow.

ooh. too late!!  shocked

el.

Likes (0)

#12 Sun 08 Apr 07 10:57pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Same reason I ordered rare roast beef, Yorkshires and creme brule or my Nan's rice pudding, el.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#13 Mon 09 Apr 07 5:58am

Cream

Member since Sun 04 Feb 07

My last meals would be just already cooked rice, very fresh sashimi fish and seafood ( Tuna, salmon, king fish etc), beef sashimi with sliced onion and garlic, sirloin beef stake with garlic sauce, natural fresh oyster with lemon and wasabi sauce.

Following Fugu sashimi (a globe fish), fugu hot pot, natto ( farmented soybeans), gyoza (dimsam), oden, coffee, green tea, ice cream, mmmmm etc...

However, i want to eat some of my mum's home made for my last meal anyway smile

Last edited by Cream (Mon 25 May 09 5:44pm)

Likes (0)

#14 Mon 09 Apr 07 6:49am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

It's nice, I think, anyway, that severalof the many respondants to this thread have requested "Mum's" or "Nanna's" recipes/meals (ie. Comfort food").

Great to keep family food traditions alive. As said, previously, once Easter and last year's tax are done, will start on folders ---> books of family favourites for my kids when they leave home for good.

Wish my family had thought important enough for me.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#15 Tue 10 Apr 07 3:43pm

uoftgrad

Occupation full time
From behind those adorable Raybans
Member since Mon 22 Nov 04

My last meal... hmm... nice homemade salad, my homemade ravioli, beef bourginion by Mom, a whole lotta wine throughout, and some sort of desert with a lot of chocolate in it! big_smile   thumbsup  And I'd wanna eat til I  puke since it is the last meal LOL roll

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 25 Apr 07 10:36am

mastercheftobe

Occupation Trainee Chef
From Barnsley
Member since Wed 25 Apr 07

mmmmm... mine would be somthing italian. Probaly a simple pasta dish as i love pasta big_smile tongue  big_smile  yikes  mrgreen  help  evil  exclaim  question  yawn  cool  roll  thumbsup  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 25 Apr 07 12:02pm

Devine

Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

tempura chips pizza  cheesecake much more but thats all i can think of right now

Likes (0)