forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 25 Apr 07 10:08pm

jerodi

Occupation Life
From Bogota, Colombia
Member since Fri 02 Feb 07

Thai Recipes

I need some help about a thai recipe, I'ts cook rice with curry and some others spicies then i have to make balls. And fry them. I think is a very simple recipe. I want some betters ideas for you people. Thanks!! thumbsup

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 26 Apr 07 12:29am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Re: Thai Recipes

I think this is what you saw

Sticky rice and peanut balls
by Simon Rimmer
from Something for the Weekend

Serves 4-6

Preparation time less than 30 mins

Cooking time less than 10 mins

Ingredients
vegetable oil, for deep frying
400g/14oz Thai jasmine rice, cooked according to packet instructions
4 tbsp red Thai curry paste from a jar
1 lime, juice only
salt, to taste
150g/5oz roasted peanuts, finely crushed
ready-made sweet chilli sauce, for dipping

Method
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan until a bread crumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.)
2. Place half of the cooked rice into a food processor and blend until almost a paste.
3. Transfer the processed rice to a bowl and add the remaining rice, the curry paste, lime juice and season with salt, to taste.
4. Mix the ingredients well, then roll portions of the mixture into balls about 3cm/1in in diameter.
5. Place the crushed peanuts onto a plate and roll the rice balls in the peanuts to coat.
6. Carefully place the rice balls into the hot oil in batches to deep-fry until golden and crisp. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
7. To serve, place the rice balls into a serving bowl with a small bowl of sweet chilli dipping sauce alongside.

Likes (0)