confuzed

From Shanghai ;-)
Member since Thu 07 Apr 05

Re: planning a world trip

Banbear,

did you ever go to Shanghai?

If you miss the food from Singapore you should have a look at this tread:

http://forum.jamieoliver.com/viewtopic. … &p=222

The lovely Stefanie from Singapore is sharing all her recipes and knowledgement about Asian food. Well worth checking out!

Confuzed

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 11 May 07 8:28pm

banbear

From USA
Member since Tue 21 Nov 06

Confuzed,

Thanks- I will definitely look into these recipes.

I did in fact go to Shanghai. I lived in Nanjing China for about 2 months. Shanghai had some great Korean food- love the kimchi!! my favourite.

Banbear

Likes (0)

#13 Fri 11 May 07 8:59pm

confuzed

From Shanghai ;-)
Member since Thu 07 Apr 05

Any recomedations regarding Shanghai? I might fly out there soon...Can't wait!!! big_smile

Likes (0)

#14 Fri 11 May 07 10:30pm

linaferro

Occupation Translator
From Brazil
Member since Sat 21 Apr 07

Hi!
Last year, we crossed from Mexico to Uruguay by car... and then back to Brazil by plane. Dangerous, but gorgeous!!!! Lots of different foods. The highlights are definetly Mexico (all of it!) and Galapagos, Equador. Beautiful!  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#15 Sat 12 May 07 7:04am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Actually, Europeans have it quite nice. You have all of Europe very close and it's easy to commute. Also South east Asia is quite close and the expense isn't too hard on the wallet depending on hotels... but the English pound is worth way more these days...especially here in CANADA right now, well,am sure for a while, haha. We usually go up to Whistler in the summer, very good prices and so much to do single or family. Maybe JO would open up a bistro style/Italian up there or Vancouver? Have fun this summer whatever you do! smile

Likes (0)

#16 Sat 12 May 07 3:38pm

Arnaldo

Occupation Webmaster
From Brazil
Member since Tue 02 Jan 07

Hi all,

I don´t believe it.....

He went to Rio and missed São Paulo, the biggest gastronomy city of Brazil.

Guys, if you don´t know Brazil, forget Rio. It´s only one of more than 20 States of Brazil. There are a lot things to know and prove here beyond Rio de Janeiro.... tongue

Have a nice weekend!

Arnaldo

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 12 May 07 7:33pm

linaferro

Occupation Translator
From Brazil
Member since Sat 21 Apr 07

I have to agree with Arnaldo. Brazil is huge, and São Paulo is definetly its "gastronomic capital"! And an interesting metropolis, too!
But Rio is actually gorgeous, so... well, you know? If you come, come with lots of time, so you can visit everything!
wink

Likes (0)