#21 Sat 22 Sep 07 8:35pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Re: Your Kitchen...

bcrain wrote:

Alex, how's the decorating going? So, is the kitchen next?

It's gone pretty good, but **** ikea! The chest of drawers they delivered had a piece broken - it will take 2 weeks for a replacement unit (they can't do one part).
Got a guy coming on monday to take away old furniture then i'll have some space to play around with.

And yes, the kitchen should be next big_smile

Last edited by Alex G (Sat 22 Sep 07 8:35pm)

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 23 Sep 07 8:39am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Oh, tough luck! Whenever I go, I always take the 3rd or 4th pack in line and make sure it's not a return, but I guess you don't have that luxury when ordering on-line and getting it delivered... P.S whats with the Ikea buggies??? They are almost impossible to push in a straight line!! Even with a heavy load, or a kid riding in there!

Let us see your finished rooms though!!

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 23 Sep 07 3:29pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

We were in Bath recently and I went a little bit crazy in a wonderful shop called Maddie Brown's.  Our entire kitchen is now filled with Cath Kidston prints, all matching!  Looks quite nice if a little obsessive.   whistle

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 23 Sep 07 4:20pm

stuvik

Occupation IT - Programmer
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Tue 22 May 07

My kitchen was put together from leftover pieces of other kitchens. I'll put a photo up in my blog section later on. It's midnight here and I'd prefer a daytime shot...and things tidied up a bit mrgreen

One of the best places I've seen for kitchen equpiment was at a place called "Victoria's Basement" in Paramatta, Sydney. The range was so huge I could've spent several days drooling over the utensils for sale.

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 23 Sep 07 9:00pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Oh where was I... I saw the most beautiful wooden untensils I think from Denmark all handmade. I also have a small collection of baribocraft  large salad bowls/cheese trays/tray and small bowls as well. They are not made anymore so I buy on line every now and again.

Likes (0)

#26 Mon 24 Sep 07 10:44pm

Eilen

Forum champ
From Oregon
Member since Fri 23 Sep 05

Anna, I had to google Cath Kidston; I've never heard of her.  Cute stuff!  I might try to order some fabric for curtains.  I don't have kitchen curtains--haven't found any I like so I'm going to have to make them.

Likes (0)

#27 Tue 25 Sep 07 12:47pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

one word....Microplane

Likes (0)

#28 Tue 25 Sep 07 12:48pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

second word...old style scales

Likes (0)

#29 Tue 25 Sep 07 12:57pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Eilen, I was considering making some curtains to match the oven gloves, tea towels and apron, but finally I realised you can definitely have too much Rose Bloom.  I've ordered some Laura Ashley fabric now, a pale blue gingham.  Should do the trick.  Never made curtains before, any tips gratefully received!

TWR, I got some fantastic ancient scales.  They're not entirely accurate, and often need a sharp whack ("percussive maintenance") to unstick themselves, but they defo look good...   big_smile That's the main thing, eh?

Likes (0)

#30 Tue 25 Sep 07 8:28pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

"Eilen, I was considering making some curtains to match the oven gloves, tea towels and apron"

Anna, you need to get out more.

tongue  lol

Likes (0)