Subscribe to forums RSS

#2671 Thu 09 Oct 08 2:29pm

stehenpatrickd

Occupation chef
From nottinghamshire
Member since Thu 09 Oct 08

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Hi Jamie,
I was wondering if i could be of any use to one of your campaigns or businesses at the moment. ive been a chef for over 20 years but im currently not working due to my recovery from a car accident. I've been off for over 6 months now and i dont know if i will be able to return to being a full time chef as i injured my back.i have worked at some top quality restaurants during my career and dont want to waste my knowledge. I still have the passion for food and would like to stay within the catering idustry in some way.

regards

steve durham

Likes (0)

#2672 Thu 09 Oct 08 5:49pm

Skyebird

Occupation Homecarer
From Isle of Skye

Hi All!

Just joined today. I'm 56,married and live and work on the Isle of Skye. We moved here 3 years ago and I love it (even the vile weather!) We keep geese and hens. I love to cook.

I've been a fan of Jamie since the beginning. I love his enthusiasm and have never cooked one of his recipes and been disappointed. His campaigns are inspiring.

Cheers,
Skye

Likes (0)

#2673 Thu 09 Oct 08 10:07pm

valjohno

My husband and I are total converts to Jamie's way of cooking. When I met my husband 10 years ago, all he could 'cook' was supernoodles. He's now a culinary genius thanks to Jamie's books - full of easy-to-follow recipes. We've bought other cookbooks and felt cheated because the recipes are complicated, hard to follow and time consuming and Jamie's never are. We particularly like 'Jamie's Dinners'. If you haven't got this one then get it because the section in it called '5 minute wonders' is fab - they actually do take 5 minutes and we use them mid-week ALL  THE TIME!
I especially like the chicken gougons with ginger, chilli and noodles. Why make your own recipes up when Jamie's are available?
Thank you Jamie. Take heart that you have inspired a generation and your legacy will live long after you have popped your clogs x

Likes (0)

#2674 Thu 09 Oct 08 10:23pm

Joey1

Hi Jaymie,

Just watched your programme and think what you're doing is brilliant and well over due. Why does our government only ever react when we're in crisis, instead of preventing it like you're trying to do.

I was really shocked that some people didn't even know how to boil water. Couldn't believe it was that bad out there. I was lucky my mum was a great cook and I learned from her. Not everyone has that luxury though I suppose.

Keep up the good work.

Jo x

Likes (0)

#2675 Thu 09 Oct 08 10:37pm

denisev

Dairy and Gluten free - new member

Hi Jamie

I have recently been diagnosed with a dairy allergy and am now being tested for coeliac disease so looks like I'll also have to stop gluten.  I didn't realise how difficult it was to try and work out what to eat for people who have this problem.  Cheese was my favourite food!  I now walk around the supermarket with a glazed look on my face, trying to find something I can eat.  I came on here to join to see if you had ever thought of bringing out a dairy/gluten free cookery book.  I love your books and I'm starving. 

Take care

Denise

Likes (0)

#2676 Thu 09 Oct 08 10:52pm

Joey1

Hi Denise,

I've just been through this and I didn't realise that gluten seems to be in everything even liqourice!!  A friend of mine has coeliacs disease and says there are very good websites where you can basically buy anything you want but in the gluten free version, even garlic bread!!

Good luck

Jo

Likes (0)

#2677 Fri 10 Oct 08 6:01pm

janem255

Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

Hi Jamie,
Just bought you "Ministry of Food" book, it's fantastic! I've been cooking from scratch for about 10 years, after i realised i was killing my kids with junk. I am now training others to do the same, and your book will help me in my quest. We dont have TV so i haven't seen the program but i did see the school dinner one and that was great.

Thanks for caring
Jane thumbsup

Likes (0)

#2678 Fri 10 Oct 08 8:06pm

cazzarose

hiya everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!have just joned today and can't wait to start cooking!! have bought the book and am now looking for the tee-shirt!! here's to cooking, help

Likes (0)

#2679 Fri 10 Oct 08 8:39pm

FLAMINGPASTRY

Occupation PLUMBER-PIPEFITTER
From BIRMINGHAM

SO MR OLIVER THE MISSUS CHRISTINE AND JOSH
RECKON YOU MAY HAVE A CHALLENGE ON YOUR HANDS
SO IM GONNA TAKE THEIR CHALLENGE AND TRULY MAKE THEM
EAT THIER WORDS
THE MINISTRY OF FOOD BOOK IS JUST THE SORT OF BOOK I,VE
BEEN LOOKING FOR  I SPENT EIGHT HOURS THE OTHER MONTH
LOOKING FOR A BOOK SUITABLE FOR A OK COOK THAT WANTS TO MOVE UP THE LADDER
AND CAME HOME EMPTY HANDED SO WAS DELIGHTED WHEN CHRIS AND JOSH RETURNED FROM THE SHOPS WITH MINISTRY OF FOOD
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SO AS QUEEN ONCE SANG
DONT STOP ME NOW IM HAVING A GOOD TIME 
TO YOU JAMIE  thumbsup
                                          BRIAN AND JOSH

Last edited by FLAMINGPASTRY (Fri 10 Oct 08 8:40pm)

Likes (0)

#2680 Fri 10 Oct 08 8:48pm

FLAMINGPASTRY

Occupation PLUMBER-PIPEFITTER
From BIRMINGHAM

ANY OF YOU COOKIES OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP ME INCLUDING YOU
JAMIE
WHAT I COULD DO WITH IS A GUIDE TO HOW MUCH FLOUR YOU NEED
TO MAKE PASTRY FOR
1 A EIGHT INCH FLAN DISH
2 A NINE   INCH FLAN DISH
3 A TEN     INCH FLAN DISH
4 A TWELVE INCH FLAN DISH
ALL THE BOOKS SEEM TO BE EIGHT OR SMALLER
I JUST WANT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FLOUR SO I DONT STRETCH THE PASTRY SO MUCH IT SHRINKS
WAITING ON YOUR REPLIES EAGERLY
                                FLAMING PASTRY help  whistle

Likes (0)