Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 29 Oct 08 3:36pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Jamie Baird - The Fitness Coach

Hi everyone,

Soon we will have a friend of Jamie O's here in the Leftovers section giving us his advice on keeping fit, his name is Jamie Baird. After the "Eat to Save your Life" show aired on Channel 4 earlier this year we had many postings from people who were committed to making positive changes in their life not only in the kitchen but by excercising as well.

Jamie will be posting up some simple excerices to do and will also be on hand to answer any of your questions and act as our "Online Personal Trainer". Thanks Jamie for being willing to contribute to the forums.

Regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 30 Oct 08 3:58pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Re: Jamie Baird - The Fitness Coach

thumbsup  Awesome idea smile

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 31 Oct 08 4:17pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London
Member since Wed 29 Oct 08

Hi everybody!

Thanks Danny for the introduction- I'm looking forward to being here and providing fitness advice to all the unfit bloggers out there.  wink 

Over the next few weeks, I will be posting exercises that you can do in the comfort of your own home with minimal equipment.

In the meantime, I'm on hand to answer anyone's questions with regards to fitness- whether you are looking to start working out, have questions about your current training program or would simply like to know the quickest way to tight abs and a tight butt...ask away.

Regards,
Jamie

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 31 Oct 08 7:16pm

were90

Member since Fri 31 Oct 08

sweeeeet idea

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 01 Nov 08 6:36pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Brilliant - I put on a few pounds on holiday in September, and having spent a couple of weeks away with work, haven't been able to shift them, and as yet, haven't been motivated to do anything about it - would like to be back to my normal weight before Christmas. 

Mrs G

ps, work have just given me a pedometer (it's part of a sustainable living campaign) so will post here my weekly averages.

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 02 Nov 08 4:20pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Hi Fitness Coach, I commute to work at least 4 days a week on my road bike. I haven't taken my bike computer with me yet but I am guessing the round trip is roughly 40kms. I have lost lots of weight, but now what do I do to tighten the rest up? Ideally something easy and done at home. Main areas, lower tummy/hips. Is it true that straight forward sit ups are good enough and you don't really need to do any target zone sit ups? Thank you for any advise smile

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 02 Nov 08 10:38pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

urr, it's almost a month I have been in a palestra for information and do not decide to inscribe, i find all excuses
I'm doing homemade bread and eating too much of it
I'm cooking everyday pasta for the family and keeping compagnia at table
I'm sitting at computer to write posts in the forum

I used to go swimming this summer and now must wait till next june

It's an eccellente idea to teach us some simple exercises we can do at home, as if we were all in a huge palestra
thumbsup  big_smile

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 02 Nov 08 11:01pm

Rohroh

Forum champ
Occupation Fibre Artist / Single Mum
From Belfast NI
Member since Fri 10 Oct 08

Hi TFC 

am obese because for at least a decade I ate lot of processed foods...help  yikes

since joining this site I've started healthy eating...next step healthy exercising...eek...

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 03 Nov 08 5:32pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London

Hey bcrain

Good work with the weightloss. The cycling is great for the weight loss but to now tighten everything up some resistance training would help. As for your abs straight forward sit ups are fine but they aren't going to tighten your oblique muscles (the area around your love handles). To do this I would suggest some bicycle crunches, lie on the floor on your back and pedal your legs backwards and forwards as if you were cycling a bike. Then take your opposite elbow to opposite knee so you get some rotation through your trunk. Do 3 sets of 20.

Later I will be posting what I consider to be my 15 top exercises that you can do at home. Do these religiously and you will see results pretty quickly.

all the best

Jamie

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 03 Nov 08 5:36pm

TheFitnessCoach

Occupation Fitness Coach
From London

Hi Mrs Gibba,

Well hopefully you can shift those couple of extra pounds when I post my top 15 home exercises later.

I am looking foward to your pedomter postings!!  They say 10,000 steps a day is a good average!!

J.

Likes (0)