#21 Sun 07 Dec 08 12:42pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
Occupation getting along as best I can
From Burgos, Spain
Member since Mon 27 Oct 08

Re: Tipo 00 equivalent?

Aren't we jumping the guns a little?

Any way, don't forget the Iberian peninsula when you come to mainland Europe! big_smile  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 07 Dec 08 2:11pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

or how about "Ministry of Cooking" - could be real dramatic with music like 'Millionaire', smoke machines, dim lights, G. and M. in monk's robes working their arcane rites ... could be filmed in a catacomb somewhere, then they take a break and stroll around the cloister engaging in philosophical discourse ...

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 07 Dec 08 3:03pm

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Lol- fits of laughter.

Geoff, don't tell me that your kitchen would be too chilly for me! I will decide. Got it?

Seem to remember that it was my UK companions  who complained about the weather.

I was philosophical- what ever will be will be. Can't change the weather, so let's get on with it and make the best of it.

Though, I must admit, went to bed on that "one off" 2C night fully dressed in fleeces. The duvet/doona was Summer weight.

Hey, MrP, you liking it so far? (Giggle).Have just had an on-line "spat" with the Rev.

Imagine in real life:(Me): "Have you finished the EVO *and* the kitchen paper and not written them on the shopping list? Am I meant to be a mind-reader as well?
"
Huge sigh as stamps off to another room/outside"

Shammy, "Pastor and Master" (just as it should be wink)." Geoffrey, where are the aprons and the tea towels? They're not where they should be".

Sorry, "hamming it up" and being OTT.

So, MrP, want to consult with the Rev and Jamie's people? Know that this isn't your thing, but you suggested it big_smile

PS. Would be an extreme variation on a blog.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#24 Sun 07 Dec 08 3:32pm

mrpab

Forum champ

maybe a podcast series! a great idea IMHO, we should run it by Danny and the crew. are you good at writing proposals?

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 07 Dec 08 3:55pm

Maree

Forum champ

Proposals, MrP... How many (95% successful) grant/funding proposals have I written?

Haven't written one of this type, though. The others have been university, State/Local govt based.

You need to talk with Geoff. Then Dan et al.

I need to get into the right "head space" to write based upon above responses.

Guess it would have an audience in the UK,Oz, NZ at least.

Wonder what Geoff's wife would make of it.

M.

Likes (0)

#26 Sun 07 Dec 08 5:01pm

mrpab

Forum champ

i thought proposals was something you were good at.

anyway, i'm worried by Geoff's stunned silence so far on the sexy scenarios i've laid out for him ...

so i'll just lay back and let you two sell Danny on it if you both decide you want to.

- but having said that, i'll admit that bringing Geoff's wife bursting through the door to discover you two cooking together was something i was planning as a shocking season-1-ender ...

Likes (0)

#27 Sun 07 Dec 08 5:27pm

Maree

Forum champ

"Sexy scenarios"- well, I certainly haven't heard about them!!!

(Flicks MrP with a teatowel and asks "Is that the cleanest you can get those pots? Please, re-do)". 

Not surprised you haven't heard from Geoff. 1) it's (was, here) Sunday and 2) he's had a weekend of pre-Christmas entertaining.

MrP, if I'm included in this "thing", should not I have been consulted- esp re sexy scenarios?

Didn't realise that this would be a series. Sorry to have messed up the season 1 finale.

We can work it out wink Doesn't someone usually end up injured/trapped or dead in the series finale?

Normally, would say to keep sharp objects away from me- except my 8" chef's knife and a veggie peeler.

Hold onto that idea. wink

Likes (0)

#28 Sun 07 Dec 08 7:22pm

nohejl

Member since Fri 05 Dec 08

Hi all,

I'd like to thank you for all your wonderful advice. I was amazed to come back to my computer and see such an outpouring. It provides wonderful insight into bread baking, which I've only dabbled in. Mainly from the book "The Bread Baker's Apprentice", which is a wonderful book which explores the science and techniques of bread making but I believe written mainly in Imperial measurements. Which is fine, since I'm from the states.

I would wonder what your advice would be for pasta? Some of you suggested durum (semolina) which is a typical pasta flour which is quite a hard wheat. Others suggested all purpose and cake, which seems too soft for pasta. Thing is, the flours in the states really aren't graded as 0 or 00 or the like. Yet, I have one of Jamie's cookbooks and all his pastas call for tipo 00.

Thank you again, Sara

Likes (0)

#29 Sun 07 Dec 08 7:51pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Geoff and Maree, we certainly don't want to be the extra cooks to spoil the broth, but if you have leftovers send them over wink yummy

I would offer my kitchen, but it is small also and just as chilly as Britain probably...

Likes (0)

#30 Sun 07 Dec 08 8:17pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Oooo-er - while I've been away/quiet, things are developing apace smile

Had quite a heavy weekend - all the family round for a first pre-christmas party (well it was St Nicks day, 6th December) daughter and Son-in-law with grandchildren down for Scotland, and rest of the family congregating at our place for meal and present exchange -the cook, of course, being me smile

Sunday recovering, with first of Christmas Services at Church - the Toy Service and Parade.

After lunch, fell asleep (lunch was yesterdays leftovers, after freezing the remainders - I always over-supply for Christmas "do's" smile

Just woken up for an early dinner - leftovers re-worked into a stir fry.

Now - how shall we organise the Maree & Geoff Cook-In / Master and Pastor (shouldn't that be "Mistress & Pastor"?)

MrPab - what are you suggesting smile - are you trying to get us headlined in the tabloid press smile  cooking in the catacombs in robes - tut-tut smile Reminds me of the "Cooking Canon" years ago on BBC!

But seriously smile both Maree & myself are into international cookery - maybe we ought to do a world-wide series, rather like the Keith Floyd series of cooking programs, where he went from place to place, cooking in local style - am sure that would appeal to both of us. We could start by cooking our way around OZ, then moving on to Asian Pacific cooking, followed by a spell in China, then on to India/Bangladesh,Pakistan, a brief foray into Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan, followed by an extended stay in Turkey, a good long time in Greece, briefly calling in the Balkans and then onto the Mediterranean - Lebanon, Egypt, North Africa etc, before moving on to Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Basque country, Normandy, back through Germany, Holland, Denmark, maybe Scandanavia, before ending up with a tour of the British Isles. Not sure what we would do with the second season - maybe work our way back, through the countries we have missed? - or should we continue on through Canada, the Americas and Japan?

We could do a whole series cooking in Forum Member's kitchens smile

Likes (0)