forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Thu 29 Jan 09 5:39am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Re: Food Festivals(also drink/beer/wine festivals)

Mr. P.  You got me craving oysters now.  May have to go down to my fave little dive in Bodega Bay and get an order of deep-fried oysters and fries! yummy
Eddie

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 29 Jan 09 8:58am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent
From Thessaloniki, GREECE
Member since Tue 04 Nov 08

SonomaEddie wrote:

Mr. P.  You got me craving oysters now.  May have to go down to my fave little dive in Bodega Bay and get an order of deep-fried oysters and fries! yummy
Eddie

could you PLEASE delete the comment? we should try to keep it strictly info as a journal/travel notes...THANK you for understanding and hope I did not offend you

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 29 Jan 09 9:05am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent

Attended a whiskey brand's promotional event- Masterclass, was about learning about scotch whiskey....its components/produce/blending on a 360o screen, with a live narrator as well dressed in a guilt(hope the spelling 's correct),
also there was a workshop where we got to make our own blend out of various single malts
and last but not least there was whiskey tasting...3of those their name brand was revealed after we expressed ourselves and then 2 more of same brand promotioned...
event was free-lasted 2week the whole promotion (1 afternoon and 1 evening each day) and you had to make a reservation ahead to attend one workshop-accademy they called it

REALLY a nice experience -we laso left with a "diploma" in our hands!

www.dewarsaccademy.gr

(you should all try to check if anything similar in your country from this company)

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 29 Jan 09 10:01am

runwestierun

Forum champ
Occupation Volunteer
From Oregon Coast USA
Member since Sat 22 Nov 08

My town (Astoria Oregon)  has an annual Crab Festival.  Oregon is the Dungeoness Crab capital of the world.  The festival runs from 10am til midnight in our county fair grounds.  There are many vendors selling food and lots of wine, but our Rotary Club is responsible for the crab dinner. We cook thousands of pounds of crab and people smash it open with wooden blocks at the tables and eat it.  It is such a delicious flavorful meat!

And I would like to say as an aside how proud I am of Rotary International.  Several years ago they decided it would be their singular mission to erradicate polio globally.  When we started there were over 300,000 new cases every year.  Now, there are less than 1000.  It still is endemic in 3 countries.  Distrust of the vaccine is a major problem (Muslims in these countries believe the vaccines are secretly for sterilization.)  So, we got a monstrous grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, $100million, to build muslim built vaccine factories owned by muslims and employing muslims.  It seems to be a solution!  clap We do believe polio will be erradicated from the face of the earth within our lifetimes, and the majority of our fundraising has always come from these local food festivals that we run.  Yay food festivals!

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 29 Jan 09 7:30pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
From Northern California

Ashen wrote:

I knew you were gonna  get in trouble..  tongue

Oh yeah, and know you're asking for it!

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 29 Jan 09 8:32pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

Chrissa, what are you going to do with these naughty boys?

Actually, this thread would make a great article on the "Foodwise" section of the site. I hesitate to ask you to start it up one more time, but in Foodwise anyone can add on, they can even post pictures, and also, like it or not these threads are 'chatty', and people always want to post comments. In foodwise it's less chatty, and the list of festivals could be more strictly informational.
MsP and I would be happy to repost our contributions.

thumbsup  mrgreen  big_smile

Likes (0)

#17 Fri 30 Jan 09 5:28am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
From Northern California

As would I!

Likes (0)

#18 Fri 30 Jan 09 11:16am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent

OK- just posted in Food wise as well..........under same titleso you may continue to chat about someting (relevant)that interests you...posted here clap

Likes (0)

#19 Fri 30 Jan 09 11:20am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Chrissa, it's very funny and we all know why you made a lot of qualifying statements about not posting arguments in this thread, but might I very gently and humbly suggest you edit that out of the Foodwise article since I doubt anyone would add a lot of chat in that arena?

Likes (0)

#20 Fri 30 Jan 09 12:10pm

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent

anyway....edited

Likes (0)