forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 01 Feb 09 11:42am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Wagamama Cookbooks, Tried them anyone?

We've eaten in Wagamama restaurants in London and Amsterdam, like the food very much.  Anyone tried the food and if so, have you tried their cookbooks and do you feel they're worth buying?

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 01 Feb 09 6:31pm

UrbanPossum

Occupation Librarian / artist
From Ottawa, ON, Canada
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

Re: Wagamama Cookbooks, Tried them anyone?

I've eaten in the one in London. I liked the chili ramen.

I have tried making the chicken-based ramen broth, the basis for their noodle soup dishes. Personally I found it a little light, but otherwise it's workable.

The recipe came from their first book, Way of the Noodle. I think it was worth the buy, if only for their analysis of the  movie Tampopo.

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 01 Feb 09 7:49pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

MrsP, I have bought a couple of them for one of my daughters. She loves Wagamamma's . Now I am not sure if she has used the books much as she is in a student flat , but I do know that she has read them.

I am sure that she would lend you one if you wanted.
Where abouts in the world are you at the moment ?
You and MrP always seem to be  zipping around the globe !

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 01 Feb 09 8:00pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

OK MrsP . I have just spoken to Alice, she said that the recipes in the Wagamamas cook book are what they serve in the restaurants but you do need 'oodles' of ingredients for most of them and some  are a bit tricky to follow.
What she has cooked from the books have always worked out well.

Her verdict was that they were worth getting.

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 01 Feb 09 11:07pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

Thanks mummza and thanks to Alice too!  I may borrow my niece's copies next spring when I'm home and look them over.  We're in Copenhagen.  It is very cold here, the winds are fierce, even the snow can't find a place to hold on.  I'm good at improvising.  You are so kind! smile  thumbsup  kiss

Thanks also Urban Possum.  Have you made any other Japanese noodle bowl stocks from scratch with other recipes?  I have favorites in Japan, but their recipes are guarded secrets. wink

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 01 Feb 09 11:09pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 02 Feb 09 9:34am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent
From Thessaloniki, GREECE
Member since Tue 04 Nov 08

first time I hear about themmmbut the word wagamama remind it me something- I 100%sure I read/seen it somewhere before, just a while ago-yes! I went through the cookngi magazine that came with paper yesterday and there it was
a press realese about a Wagamama opening in Athens- maybe I should rememebr to visit next time in Athens....-or pray to open one in Thessaloniki as well?

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 02 Feb 09 9:45am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

Chrissa, it's different from what you get in Japan, good though, I never get past the noodle bowls to try any of the curries.  They have decent gyoza's and excellent fresh fruit/veg drinks.  The prices are reasonable, especially for London.

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 02 Feb 09 10:11am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent
From Thessaloniki, GREECE
Member since Tue 04 Nov 08

MsPablo wrote:

Chrissa, it's different from what you get in Japan, good though, I never get past the noodle bowls to try any of the curries.  They have decent gyoza's and excellent fresh fruit/veg drinks.  The prices are reasonable, especially for London.

kind of you sending me feedback..will keep in mind

Likes (0)