Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 05 Feb 09 7:02pm

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent
From Thessaloniki, GREECE
Member since Tue 04 Nov 08

anniversary weekend

our 1st year anniversary is here! (08.02)
we're leaving the weekend  to a mountain resort...
cannot cook for him(after all I cook gourmed every day for him)
cannot buy him something suitable...(have run out of gift ideas-don;t like heart baloons and stuff)
cannot come up with any surprise...(hard to hide a champagne bottle etc since we are packing together at home-we live together and travel together there.....

can you come up with something SMART? help

(idea of dirty lingerie is off limits unfortunately- technical problems... lol )

or should I just enjoy the weekend and organise something for Valentine's?

Last edited by Chrissa SKG (Thu 05 Feb 09 7:02pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Thu 05 Feb 09 7:28pm

KrisGBC

Occupation Student
From Toronto, Cananda
Member since Mon 21 Jul 08

Re: anniversary weekend

i think spening the time together at a resort relaxing is gift enough smile  congrats on your one year smile

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 05 Feb 09 7:41pm

Reciperaven

Occupation Entrepreneur
From Table Top
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

I think and if I may speak frankly that you should whatever you do not link your First Wedding Anniversary with Valentines Day. Afterall I'm sure you have had at least one or two Valentines Days together already as a couple. If not, well then you should still let it be a celebration in its own right. What you should do for sure is enjoy the weekend!
So first things first if you are uncomfortable with hiding champagne bottles in your boots, handbag, pants or under a hat, maybe you can phone the resort and ask them to have some chilled champagne ready in your room when you arrive. If that is impossible then how about hiding three small bottles of champs in your lagguage last minute before you leave? You can pretend to ask him to eventually get something from your lagguage. Why three bottles? Well, one for you and one for him and one for your love, no? And believe me after a couple of glasses of champangne matching underware is dirty enough if you know what I mean...lol
A weekend in a mountain resort is romantic in itself and perhaps a picnic could be arranged althought the weather might not play along but exploring the foothills together with some candle lit dinner in a restuarant somewhere gives you heaps to capture the romance and significance of this special celebration.
Good luck and Enjoy.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 06 Feb 09 12:06am

runwestierun

Forum champ
Occupation Volunteer
From Oregon Coast USA
Member since Sat 22 Nov 08

I think you should write him a love letter.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 06 Feb 09 12:07am

runwestierun

Forum champ
Occupation Volunteer
From Oregon Coast USA
Member since Sat 22 Nov 08

Maybe the resort has something special for anniversaries.  You could call and ask.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 06 Feb 09 12:19am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

Congrats Chrissa.  Traditional First Anniversary gift is paper so runwestie's suggestion of a love letter is spot on.

Enjoy your weekend (p.s. no undies is always a surprise!) oops can't believe I said that.

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 06 Feb 09 4:53am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Congrats.  How sweet.  Have a lovely time.  And have many many more!
Eddie

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 06 Feb 09 5:44am

VENUS

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Traditional First Year Anniversary Gifts - Paper

Books
When purchasing a book, think about your spouse's passions, interests, and hobbies. If you can't write a love poem yourself, get a book of poetry for your lover.

Coupons
Write out a coupon for a massage or for a dinner out or for a walk in the rain. Think in terms of gifts of your talents, gifts of your time, and promises you have made

Photographs and Picture Frames
Buy a nice frame for a photograph of the two of you.

Calendars
You could get an electronic one, or a pictorial calendar, or a diary, or a journal style, or an appointment book. Mark all the days that are important to the two of you, and add in a few new ones as a surprise

Likes (0)

#9 Fri 06 Feb 09 9:36am

Chrissa SKG

Forum champ
Occupation travel agent
From Thessaloniki, GREECE
Member since Tue 04 Nov 08

now, although I have expressed myself over the times, I think I might try this- after all I AM in the mood for it...

I would not give up fun by linking anniversary with Valentine's////
Anniversary is far more important to me....

Reciperaven, I 'll try to call them right away, maybe they can prepare the champagne...otherwise I will put the big bottle of champagne inside my apres ski boot...

and rest of you...thank you...you got me just about right....

Likes (0)