Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 18 Feb 09 1:17pm

Mykael

Occupation Reprographics Co-ordinator / DTP Designer
From Southend-On-Sea
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Dinner party game

Ok so I have had an idea

You have to cook and host a dinner for 6 (including you)
What 3 courses menu would you cook and who would you invite (to make this more interesting you can invite anyone living or dead)?

big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 20 Feb 09 4:19pm

Mykael

Occupation Reprographics Co-ordinator / DTP Designer
From Southend-On-Sea
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: Dinner party game

Starter
French Onion Soup with Melting Gruyere Toast

main
Jamie’s best chargrilled steak
With roast ‘rosemary’ potatoes, garlic mash, minted peas, sweet roast carrots and steamed cabage with black pepper and butter.

Dessert
Profiteroles served with a duo of White & Dark Chocolate Sauce

not fancy but nice!

As for the people well I’d have to ask Jamie, he can come early and help with the cooking  big_smile , also be good to have another Essex boy there.
I would love to have Douglas Adams there too and Steven Fry, the lovely Honor Blackman and Kate Beckinsale

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 20 Feb 09 5:31pm

rhianna899

Forum champ
Member since Mon 02 Feb 09

Such a good idea for a thread! Love the sound of those profiteroles!  yummy

Starter : Asparagus Soup, (Jamie's but without the poached egg etc!)
Mains: Rib of beef and my dauphinoise potatoes
Dessert: Chocolatey Tirimasu Cheesecake

Again not fancy but yummy!

I would invite Jamie of course! Then Sophia Loren back from her younger days, Cat Stevens from back in his younger days, India Knight (one of my favourite authors), David Bowie and my OH.

Can't wait to hear everyone elses  smile

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 20 Feb 09 5:42pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Starter:  pints of prawns, homemade mayo

Main:  barbecued racks of lamb rubbed in cinnamon and honey, spatchcocked chickens barbecued with lemon, big bowls of salad with pansies and violets and spinach and pine nuts

Pudding:  homemade strawberry ice cream and whipped cream, with loads of fresh strawberries (the big ones, mixed with the tiny little wild ones that cover the steep bank on the side of my parents' lawn)

Loads of homemade ginger beer (we're experimenting, haven't started yet but will do once I'm back home, could be dangerous!), cold white wine with ice cubes with little flowers frozen in.  How bloody twee and summery is that!   cool

I'd invite my best friends, plus Jesus, to keep the booze flowing and to answer the question: is it a shoe or a sandal?

Likes (0)