Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Fri 27 Mar 09 8:54pm

dawnrigoni

Forum champ
Occupation nature addict
From austrian countryside
Member since Tue 24 Feb 09

Re: Your Favorite Cookbooks!

I love it when cooks are natural like that. Watching Jamie's cooking dvds made so many other cooks seem uptight and arrogant. You always have the feeling you're just visiting him in his home and he's cooking you up a nice meal. None of those little swirls of syrupy decoration on the rim of the plate or fancy garnish. Just good food!

Likes (0)

#22 Fri 27 Mar 09 9:28pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Jamie was funny when he appeared on Martha Stewart's show, he left out the white wine, admitted it and you could see he was amused with himself, then he drank it.  I thought maybe he'd just gotten off a plane, just a guess.

Likes (0)

#23 Fri 27 Mar 09 10:01pm

dawnrigoni

Forum champ
Occupation nature addict

lol wish I would have seen that. I really love Martha Stewart, but I find she tends to be a little uptight...and jamie is so relaxed...that must have been a funny mix!

Likes (0)

#24 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:27pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

My son just brought home a children's cookbook that he chose at the library at school. I was thinking it would be really cool for JO to come out with a children's book as well. I know, I know, he has so much going on but I thought I would put that out there.

Likes (0)

#25 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:30pm

dawnrigoni

Forum champ
Occupation nature addict

bcrain wrote:

My son just brought home a children's cookbook that he chose at the library at school. I was thinking it would be really cool for JO to come out with a children's book as well. I know, I know, he has so much going on but I thought I would put that out there.

That would be awesome.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#26 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:37pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

MsPablo wrote:

Jamie was funny when he appeared on Martha Stewart's show, he left out the white wine, admitted it and you could see he was amused with himself, then he drank it.  I thought maybe he'd just gotten off a plane, just a guess.

Martha's loosened up a lot and she has a goodt sense of humor.  She's always great on David Letterman.  One favorite of her older shows was with Todd English, the two of them giggled so much about nothing, I really thought they'd been smoking something before the taping.

Likes (0)

#27 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:42pm

dawnrigoni

Forum champ
Occupation nature addict

LOL, that sounds great! You're making me miss American television...I especially miss Oprah and The View (yeah, I'm kind of a nerd.) I'm a huge fan of Marthas, have been a subscriber of her magazine for a while now.

Likes (0)

#28 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:46pm

LaTavolaMarche

Occupation Chef, Cooking School, Farmer, Innkeeper
From Piobbico, Le Marche, Italy
Member since Tue 24 Mar 09

Favs:

Silver spoon Cookbook - FABULOUS index - easy to search by food/ingredient.
Artusi - Italian culinary bible (ours is in Italian)
Joy of Cooking - American bible of cooking - best cookies recipes
Larousse Gastronomique is an encyclopedia of gastronomy
Jamie's Italy
The Beautiful Cookbook series - for their incredible photos - I put a collection of these in all the guest bedrooms.

Likes (0)

#29 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:48pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me

I like Whoppie and Joy on The View, but when they all start yelling at once, I have to turn it off.  Oprah, not so much.  I'm more of a 'To the Contrary' with Bonnie Erbe fan.  I watch that one when mrpab's not around.

LaTavola, am I right that the 'The Beautiful' series are quite well-researched, the recipes are very classic?  I've used mine, both the Italy and Provence and found the recipes to be excellent.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sat 28 Mar 09 4:50pm)

Likes (0)

#30 Sat 28 Mar 09 4:54pm

dawnrigoni

Forum champ
Occupation nature addict

MsPablo wrote:

I like Whoppie and Joy on The View, but when they all start yelling at once, I have to turn it off.  Oprah, not so much.  I'm more of a 'To the Contrary' with Bonnie Erbe fan.  I watch that one when mrpab's not around.

Oooh, I don't know that one...is it like The View? I know what you mean, it can get kind of obnoxious on The View...I only see snippets on the internet once in a while. I always thought how much I would love to be on a show like that...get payed to voice my opinion and have girl talk...not too shabby!
I've got my shows that I only watch when hubby isn't home, too. There's one in particular that I love, where a financial consultant helps people get out of debt...I don't know why but I find the process and the people's stories fascinating. my husband finds it totally dull!

Likes (0)