forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Sat 05 Dec 09 8:07am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Could you / Would you run your own cafe / restaurant?

What you clear eyed people have written above is why the cafe I would run is definitely a dream cafe and I won't let any reality come near it! lol
It would be a bakery cafe, and I must say that Despina's blog is a good show case of the sort of things I would like to sell. I would have very seasonal and celebratory food (eg Christmas, Easter and every other festival I could fit in!) and woe betide any customer who demands food out of season!
I would have such fun making sure I have the best ingredients, sourced as locally as possible,  and I would be so kind and cheerful to my loyal customers, poor things, since they have to queue to be served because everyone knows it is worthwhile! wink  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#32 Sat 05 Dec 09 10:36am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

clap  clap  clap  I want to come to your cafe Joy.

Well if we're dreaming, I would have cafe in a quiet setting, somewhere by river and a rainforest maybe.  It would be a cottage style little number with lots of natural lighting, and flowers and fairies and gnomes and sweet little native artwork placed in nooks and crannys.  Light and cheerful classical music would play in the back ground and the younger clientel could adventure in my surrounding gardens full of surpises.  The children could choose what they would like on their plates, from fresh fruit and vegetable with dips, to fillings for bagles and savoury topped biscuits.  For a treat they could have icecream sundaes and banana splits covered in chopped nuts, fresh cream and a cherry on top.  My main menu would vary between sweet pretty cupcakes and cakes, and rich savoury crepes, sandwiches and soft rolls filled will delightful ingredients like salmon, avacado, the freshest home grown tomatoes and light crisp lettuce and home made mayonaise.  Not to mention hot soups in winter,  and risottos and delectable casseroles. 

My staff would be ever so friendly and delightful and be able to tell a joke and perform a magic trick.  The place would always be filled with adults and children alike all looking for cheerful resting place to refresh.  I would be hiding in the kitchen creating.

Likes (0)

#33 Sat 05 Dec 09 1:15pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

I really want to do this one day. Maybe when the kids are grown - the hospitality industry is hard on families.

Likes (0)

#34 Sat 05 Dec 09 4:18pm

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

It is Frizz, needs a right shake and shovel  whistle

Likes (0)

#35 Sat 05 Dec 09 4:42pm

ZenHarmony

From BC, Canada
Member since Mon 09 Jun 08

I'd love to do something like what Jamie is doing... teach families HOW to cook... how, with a little bit of planning and prep on grocery day, they can be eating wholesome, easy and inexpensive meals.  At the same time, I'd love to offer comfort foods, the ones that invoke childhood memories, in a convenient take home fashion. 

I love the baked stuff, too, but find that it's not as easy to make ahead of time and is generally cheaper to buy than to make homemade... with the exception of cookies, of course!

Likes (0)

#36 Tue 13 Apr 10 2:53pm

trademaid.co.uk

Member since Tue 13 Apr 10

Hope you all manage to get your own cafe's in the future as there sounds like you all have some great ideas.

If you ever need any consumables or catering equipment try www.trademaid.co.uk they are really cheap and offer next day delivery on many items.

Good luck with the future!

Alan

Likes (0)

#37 Tue 13 Apr 10 3:42pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

I would love to own my own resturant that makes REAL cajun food like I grew up on, not the stuff that I find out and about.  But, I dont think I have the patience to do it. If someone didn't like something they'd be wearing it when I was done.  LOL.

Likes (0)

#38 Tue 13 Apr 10 3:49pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hello Cophanta avatar! clap

Likes (0)

#39 Tue 13 Apr 10 4:29pm

madamada

Forum super champ
Occupation living life
From Friuli northern Italy
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

I have seen "cercasi barista" "barista wanted! lol " on the door of a cafè I rarely go into ............. and I thought no I want "my own caffè" roll  it's a beautiful dream

Likes (0)

#40 Tue 13 Apr 10 4:40pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

JoyYamDaisy wrote:

Hello Cophanta avatar! clap

Thanks!! That is my most recent pic. I took it about 3 days ago!!

Likes (0)