Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#41 Sun 18 Apr 10 10:03pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
Occupation Beer Reviewer, Freelance Writer and Pole Dancer at Peppermint Hippo.
From London
Member since Sun 06 Dec 09

Re: IS A HEALTHY FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST POSSIBLE?

shishka wrote:

I always thought that"" English healthy breakfast" is a bowl of oatmeal ,whole wheat toast  with a naturall strawberry jam,a cup of tea and if you an egg-lover,you can have a boiled variety. That what i have every morning and call  it healthy english breakfast. yummy

Oats are OK, but many people really miss a hearty 'Full English' if they are trying to eat healthier. I spoke with my local cafe owner and he liked the idea in theory but didn't know how to follow it up in practice. Already this forum has replaced fried egg with poached, streaky bacon with grilled lean gammon and the mushroom aren't swimming in oil. Then things got sidetracked.

Brews views, beer reviews, and booze news. Choose YouTube's Beer Goggles Reviews
    Likes (0)

#42 Sun 18 Apr 10 10:07pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
From London

Stella Heath wrote:

Actually, linguistically, you write very well. My Uni friend blesses the spelling corrector thumbsup

Thank honey you much very.

Brews views, beer reviews, and booze news. Choose YouTube's Beer Goggles Reviews
    Likes (0)

#43 Sun 18 Apr 10 10:11pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
Occupation getting along as best I can
From Burgos, Spain
Member since Mon 27 Oct 08

I think "healthy" has to do with balance, not doing away with everything fatty (or sugary or salty, for that matter) You can reduce the amount of fat by grilling or dry frying, but in my opinion, a poached egg and a fried egg are two very different things.

If you're worried you had too much for breakfast, why not balance it out with the other meals you have during the day?

Likes (0)

#44 Sun 18 Apr 10 10:24pm

TerryKay

Forum champ
From London

Stella Heath wrote:

I think "healthy" has to do with balance, not doing away with everything fatty (or sugary or salty, for that matter) You can reduce the amount of fat by grilling or dry frying, but in my opinion, a poached egg and a fried egg are two very different things.

If you're worried you had too much for breakfast, why not balance it out with the other meals you have during the day?

Agreed fully on the not doing away with everything and having a healthy balance of fats, sugars etc which is why I disagreed with those saying have cerial instead. I don't think fried egg and poached aren't so massively different when looking for a healthy 'Full English'. Tinned tomatoes are already served in some cafes. Also fresh toms can be grilled anyway. I personally hate brown bread but if toasted and hidden under my egg it could sneak by. wink

Likes (0)