Jamie Oliver

forum: Jamie's Food Revolution

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 07 Feb 11 3:33pm

scotgal

Member since Sun 06 Feb 11

Ministry of food "recipe for success"

I love the concept of your ministry of food network.  I would love to get involved in spreading the word of how easy and effective cooking good food can be.  I know that there is no ministry of food site in Scotland but was hoping to talk to someone about developing a stand alone package / kit that could be used to lead small satellite groups in places that are too far from jamie's ministries.

I would love to set up cooking work shops for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds who would otherwise try to live off fast food.  Many young people, at the stage of leaving home to live independantly, have never had the chance to learn how to cook. 

As Jamie's work has been so successful in this area I was hoping someone could share his "recipe for success" so together we could build an off the shelf package that anyone could use to run such workshops under jamie's name.

Would love to hear your comments.

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 14 Feb 11 10:43am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Re: Ministry of food "recipe for success"

HI there

Thank you for your post - there are no immediate plans to set up a MOF centre in Scotland. You can approach your local council and see what cooking initiatives they have planned?

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 05 Dec 11 12:33pm

helen.johnson01

Member since Mon 05 Dec 11

Re: Ministry of food "recipe for success"

Hi there
I am a 'newby' on the blogging front, but I wondered what the score was with the MOF approach - I watched the series about Rotherham but wondered if, money's available, how would you go about setting up a similar model - and would Jamie come and open it for us?? Cheeky?

Cheers
Helen wink

Likes (0)