Jamie Oliver

forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Wed 09 Feb 11 12:11am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: Gardening ~ What are you up to?

I feel so lazy with my orto this year all my aspectatives are for the larger space, but i must wait for a man to come and plough it before I start thinking of what I want to plant there or here roll  roll  crossed

Likes (0)

#22 Wed 09 Feb 11 2:36am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Sep 10

That's not lazy, is it?  Isn't it just a logical planning process?

Likes (0)

#23 Wed 09 Feb 11 8:43am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup  crossed  crossed the man with the tractor can come this afternoon, I cannot believe I will see my campo ploughed, hoping the soil will freeze some days more to make it dissolve into powder then and also kill the weeds  roll  cool

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Wed 09 Feb 11 8:44am)

Likes (0)

#24 Wed 09 Feb 11 9:18am

cengland

Forum champ
Occupation teacher
From Darwin, Australia
Member since Wed 08 Sep 10

Frost as a weed-killer - I never thought of that.  It's great.  Well, unless you're most places in Australia ...  hmm

Likes (0)

#25 Wed 09 Feb 11 9:53am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Frost is only a tempory weed killer , the weed always seems to reemerge triumphant as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer .

This weekend I  shall be planting some tomato seeds indoors in sectioned seed trays .

Grandmadamada .. No it's not lazy to have a bit work done with a plough ,it will help the ground as it will turn it well . There will stillbe much work to do after he has finished .
I can't imagine that you are ever lazy at anything you do , you give me the impression that you are always busy doing things .

Likes (0)

#26 Wed 09 Feb 11 9:59am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Great news Mada! It's happening! big_smile

Likes (0)

#27 Wed 09 Feb 11 11:51am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

big_smile I'll keep you detailed adjourned lol about my first campo adventure wink

Likes (0)

#28 Wed 09 Feb 11 3:53pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Given the state of our up & down weather so far this year, I am going to hold off planting Beans & Tomato seeds for another 2 weeks. Although I love getting everything off to a good early start, I don't have a greenhouse so the weather has to be very reliable by the time the plants are big enough to need too much light & space indoors.
I am hoping that what they lose in time they will make up in enthusiam for the great outdoors!

Due to ill-health & bad weather I am now way behind in soil prep, & 2 more weeks of improving weather/daylight might be enough to catch up.

On a lighter note.............I have a host of Snowdrops in full bloom (Doubles & Singles), the Daffs are showing big fat flower buds also not far off blooming & the Tulips are well out of the soil & looking healthy.
The Hazels are covered in catkins & even my Flowering Currant is beginning to leaf up!

Likes (0)

#29 Thu 10 Feb 11 11:49am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Get well soon minni smile

A few weeks ago i put my Chilli plants outside, they were able to stay out for a few days until they started trembling, so they had to come back in.

I have been able to keep the baby Lupins quite happy. The rest of the garden i don't really know, theres going to be a lot of changes out there as i'm re-organising (in my mind at the moment) most parts of the garden...but havn't physically started yet.

I think that sunday is going to be sunny so i'll probably be out there all day.

Likes (0)

#30 Thu 10 Feb 11 7:13pm

MargyWargy

From Gargano, Puglia, Italy
Member since Mon 06 Dec 10

The veg plot is in a sad and neglected state at the mo.
We are too busy designing and landscaping our new pool terrace.
We're trying to find a tree for shade but we need one that does not have an aggressive root system as it is to be planted close to a reinforced concrete 40,000 liter water tank.
Anyone got any ideas?

Likes (0)