forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Sun 16 Jan 11 2:01pm

RobinMcaf

Member since Fri 17 Sep 10

Re: Just got one.....

Fantastic news. Rocket is a wonderful starting point, if you sow it regularly you have a supply for half the year and the flavour is so delicious compared to supermarket packets. I found Rocket and Mixed Salad seeds saved me the most money and was the most useful. Also 'Autumn Bliss' raspberries were very easy and productive and went on for ever.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Likes (0)

#22 Wed 19 Jan 11 6:22pm

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working
From West Midlands United Kingdom
Member since Wed 05 Dec 07

Thanks Robin............................... I actually bought rocket, mint, thyme,garden peas and charlotte potatoes and king edwards yesterday!!!

A work friend of mine ( Danna) has had her allotment for 2yrs..... she has raised beds .....I fetched her the same!!

we plan to go to the allotment on sunday we will take more pics

cookinlovebird

Likes (0)

#23 Thu 20 Jan 11 12:01pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

The herbs that 'died off' on me last year are going to be replaced in pots this year. We experimented with far too much last year and are going to do more of what we all really love to eat this time....salads, tomatoes, kol-rabi (sp, new word that i learnt on this forum), yellow and green courgettes, carrots, chilis for friends and beetroots for an old neighbour, oh, and raddishes too.

april 2010
http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=62578

courgettes
http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=66383

Likes (0)

#24 Sun 13 Feb 11 6:01pm

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working

Hi sorry not been on

using every spare hour or so to dig those weeds out...

but the soil is fabulous, its like putting a fork in and out of a sugar bowl !!

but all the stones and roots that are within are now aware that I have come to take them out!! lol....its back breaking work but Hubby and I are ready for this challange..

My lovely bro in law is going to rebuild my greenhouse and Hubby is going to water proof the shed etc......my other lovely bro in law is going to help with the rebuild of the poly tunnel.... I am very lucky to have them...

Have had shoots from sown seeds and my berloti beans are amazing
will blog pics

lets hope weather better tomorrow I need to do all the top section for the weekend!!

cookinlovebird

big_smile

Likes (0)

#25 Sun 13 Feb 11 6:39pm

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working

Forgot to tell you rhubarb is also planted. I have put them in a raised bed in the top section two different kinds 3ft apart . 

I am soooooo enjoying myself every day people at work are asking what have I done so far...

cookinlovebird big_smile

Likes (0)

#26 Sun 13 Feb 11 6:42pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

clap  clap  clap I have just had my campo being ploughed and wait for it to be milled then I'll start sowing and transplanting what I cannot have in my orto
ciao ciao
mada

Likes (0)

#27 Sun 13 Feb 11 11:27pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Wonderful happenings! cool  clap  cool  clap  cool  wave

Likes (0)

#28 Mon 14 Feb 11 7:33am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

radicchietto triestino and regina dei ghiacci salad and mizuna to start with in my orto but it's going to rain and I must still take all the weeds from the surface I'll dig with my personal spade  wink just a little piece to have some salads for Easter convention  roll  crossed

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 14 Feb 11 7:33am)

Likes (0)

#29 Tue 15 Feb 11 7:09pm

cookinlovebird

Forum champ
Occupation working

The weather is against me at the moment so I will have to get sowing more seeds...... and eat like a horse because I will need a horses strength to pull out these weeds that are being fed rain at the moment.......it will be like tug of war game!!! lol  lol

cookinlovebird smile

Likes (0)

#30 Tue 15 Feb 11 7:11pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ

stop the rain there I must go on with my digging in the orto, I started and then stopped to sit and chat with my brother and SIL , but that was a good way of spending my time wink  big_smile

Likes (0)