#52 Sat 22 Jan 11 7:38pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Re: Spam and advertising on the Forums

Hi Danny,

Can you help me as I'm a bit confused.  I just tried to post on a new thread about What's your favourite place in the world.  But I couldn't get my reply posted as it kept saying that it contained a Spam Word.  Now I know I mentioned a couple of countries, but I've no idea what a spam word is.  How can I tell as it doesn't make the word bold or anything, so I'm a bit lost! sad

Likes (0)

#53 Sat 05 Mar 11 6:12am

Jennscooktolive

Member since Sat 05 Mar 11

I don't want to advertise here, but I would like to use this website in my favorites on my website, I am started a school for cooking. I plan on teaching the basics of meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking. I'm currently in the middle of doing market research, so I will not be starting to teach the classes until late summer early fall of 2011.

Not only have I seen my friends and family members grow-up, marry have families and rely on processed and/or prepared foods, take-out, fast-food and dinning out for their main diets.  North America is in a health crisis with our so called "Westerner Diet" health issues that were only ailing the elderly now are common in young adults and even recently teens.    shocked

This horrifies me, my mom made me help her with cooking at 8yrs of age then when I hit 12 yrs old I started cooking one night a week and then as I got older I cooked a few times a week. And I've taught my children, to do this also my son Dylan at 16 can cook things like risotto and beef bourgogne.  yummy

Just from talking to people between the ages of 15 and 40, it is incredible how many of these people can't cook. I honestly believe that cooking isn't the only part of it, I hear the same comments from people "it's cheaper for me to go to a fast food restaurant then to buy and cook a meal for my family" In my opinion this is because people don't know how to meal plan and grocery shop properly, even if they do have the basic cooking skills needed to follow a recipe, they go to the grocery store and purchase random items that they think they might eat during the week or they visit the grocery store daily to purchase the items needed for their meal, and one never goes to the grocery store with out a list and only purchase what they need!  oops When purchasing things they need for a recipe that they are making they end up purchasing the most expensive items.  These are all things that I would like to teach, how to shop wisely or how to change an expensive item in a recipe to something more affordable.

I love Jamie's food revolution and would like to put this on my website also.   thumbsup

I would also like to use some of your recipes and other things found on this website but would like your permission, of course anything I use would be posted as coming from this website and I would always put a link to the page I got the item from.  big_smile

Please either answer me here or email me at; cook to live @ hotmail. ca

Thank you for creating this website an sharing with all of us  your skills, recipes and ideas.  And thank you for creating the "Food Revolution" we need more people doing this.

Unfortunately the major issues with the people on the "Westerner Diet" is the lack of skills, and not just cooking, meal planning and grocery shopping, also it's my opinion that a great deal of people because all these processed and restaurants foods are available people make the mistake in thinking "well its available it must not be bad for me"  mad  attitude, people just don't know what is good for them.  Of course I know I can't teach classes to people out of my area but maybe this will catch on and other will start teaching classes in other areas.  help

Thank you
Jenn

Likes (0)

#54 Wed 11 May 11 4:42pm

Zanoni

Member since Wed 11 May 11

Hi Danny,

I'm a new member and mailed missioncontrol to ask if it was OK to post about a free, not for profit exchange initiative I've started. Obviously it's not a commercial product or service, but I don't want to break any rules; even by accident.

Can you tell me if social, community and environmentally friendly non-commercial services are OK? It would be a shame not to let people know about the service as it is getting a lot of great support from other celebrity supported sites and, most importantly, people are very happy to join the community.

All the best,

Zanoni

Likes (0)

#55 Wed 08 Jun 11 6:03pm

mikeramsay

Member since Wed 08 Jun 11

Hi folks,
I became a fan of Jamie's when he was doing his first cooking shows in the UK. I had the good fortune to spend almost 19 years living and working in the UK & Europe before moving back here 10 years ago. Congrats on the progress and on the family.

I've particularly enjoyed Jamie's focus on healthy eating in schools. I live on an Island in Eastern Canada plagued by obesity in children which is home to what is popularly referred to as DQ's busiest restaurant in Canada, possibly the world. (not my hyperbole) Schools are close by and the students march like lemmings daily. Fast food chains rule and the diet is comprised of the three main food groups; sugar, salt & fat.

Raising my kids, I gave them a magic word to whisper everytime they saw MacD or other fast food commercials.."Bullshit" They enjoyed bein able to swear. It seems to have worked with very few trips logged by any of the three of them. Folks might try it.

I found a really clever substitute to glucose-based candies made of pure dried honey. I've got my basketball playing son switched off "G"ade onto the honey & bananas because it's so much better for him. I don't want to cross the line of product plugging, but this thing is a SIAL d'Or winner worth a mention. How do i proceed?

Thanks.

Likes (0)

#56 Wed 20 Jul 11 10:20pm

photolado

Member since Wed 20 Jul 11

Hi,
I newly registered. I don`t want to advertise my products, it would be really mean. I am here for getting ideas. But can I display my products? I got a sandwich carreer, photograph, caterer, photograph.
Thanks

Likes (0)

#57 Wed 01 Feb 12 10:16am

Danny

Jamie's Better Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi there

Hi BritFin - so sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have asked Eric to look into this and it should be fine now.

Hi Zanoni

Hope all is well - I have not received any emails as yet. Is it a charity that you are speaking about and it is food related? Tell us a little bit more.

Hi Mike - it is fine for you to chat about this in the forums as long as it is not a "sales pitch" and it engages conversations about food and diet.

Hi Photolado - welcome, there is a blogs section for you to post your images up

cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#58 Tue 21 Feb 12 3:22am

BreadRecipe

From Australia
Member since Tue 21 Feb 12

Hello, I'm just new here, and I have some questions, first. Is it okay to put here a link of my recipes which might help others in the forum. Like those who ask for that particular recipes. Thanks, I have been reading other posts/recipes from other members, and maybe I could try to cook them some other time.

Likes (0)

#59 Fri 21 Dec 12 8:02am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Ah our spammers seem to have a sense of humour. Good to see we encourage a better quality of spammers here.

Spam, spam, spam, spam...

Likes (0)

#60 Fri 21 Dec 12 8:59am

dukegus

Forum champ
Occupation Unemployed,
From Greece
Member since Fri 21 Mar 08

The White Rabbit wrote:

Ah our spammers seem to have a sense of humour. Good to see we encourage a better quality of spammers here.

hah aha ha hah a
white rabbit you are so funny!!!

spam

Likes (0)