forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#16101 Fri 28 Oct 11 5:48am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Re: What are you doing right this minute ????

Having a slice of lime cake and some brandy before bed.  Need sleep bad!!! Been sick since Tues.  Did squat today!  Hopefully, I will feel well enough to get a few things done amanh„.  If not, oh well.  lol

Likes (0)

#16102 Fri 28 Oct 11 10:16am

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Hope you feel better soon Eddie  crossed

Putting off vacuming and mopping the floor.  But I do need to keep on top of it, after having little rodent visitors! mad

Likes (0)

#16103 Fri 28 Oct 11 11:45am

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Just got back from doing shopping, nice and quiet today as it's a public holiday.

Just got a springform pan and I will be starting the Black Forest Gateau during the afternoon. I'm going to leave the assembly of it till tomorrow afternoon just before the party starts.

Likes (0)

#16104 Fri 28 Oct 11 1:25pm

stevewoodley64

Occupation Property manager
From UK - Hertfordshire and Dubai
Member since Wed 08 Apr 09

Laying by the pool on the palm jumierah (Dubai) thinking is it beer o clock yet  think  think

Likes (0)

#16105 Sat 29 Oct 11 6:44am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

I've been working on a quilt. I usually use my sewing machine, but I'm doing all of this one by hand. So far so good! Can't wait to finish.

Likes (0)

#16106 Sat 29 Oct 11 10:53am

falconcy

Forum champ
From Limassol, Cyprus

The first cake turned out a lot denser than I really wanted it to. Bearing in mind that I haven't baked cakes in ages (20+ years) I really wish I'd paid more attention to my late father who was actually good enough to have done it for a living.

I'm getting back up on the horse and having another crack at it in a bit, just after we have breakfast.

Today is a break from our usual Saturday "Full English" routine. We're having my posh take on Eggs Benedict. An (English) Muffin topped with Smoked Salmon, a Poached Egg and Bearnaise - purely for convenience and because I need all the eggs for the cake it's out of a jar, but hey, the effect is just as good.

DS has not had this before, it's something I perfected during the time I was single and my partner loves it. She does dainty and this fits the bill brilliantly.

We have some Brits currently on holiday on the first floor. When I woke up this morning, the lift wasn't working - jammed on the first floor - looks kinda fishy as it worked fine till they came. DS and I tried to fix it as our guests tonight might find it a bit hard doing the stairs to the dizzy heights of the 4th floor, even harder going down when they're squiffy. Hopefully the Lift Engineer will get called out and deal with it in time for the party.

The Wurst are taking up a whole shelf on the fridge, need to get them out soon so we have more space to chill beers  mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen

Likes (0)

#16107 Sat 29 Oct 11 12:07pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

O dear, it's all happening Falconcy!  crossed  fingers crossed it all works out easily!

Likes (0)

#16108 Sat 29 Oct 11 12:15pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Relaxing after a day of sewing. Making some things for my daughter's TAFE project to put some silk screening designs on and present in front of her class to be marked on her artistry.
Now to continue knitting, got the body of the jumper done, now for the arms.

Likes (0)

#16109 Sat 29 Oct 11 2:26pm

falconcy

Forum champ
From Limassol, Cyprus

The cake is now cooked, this recipe seems to be working. Anthony Worrall Thompson  puke James Martin thumbsup Just need to let it cool, split it in two and build the cake. I have glace cherries well steeped in kirsch as well as a kirsch spiked syrup.

The apples and potatoes for the salad is prepped ready to cook, it'll be a mashed type of salad with bacon and onions on top.

Half of the wurst will be grilled, the other half is the kind you boil.

The missus is really good at bringing things together right at the end so she is in charge of that side.

I've got a feeling  the BazzaFest will be a big success.  mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen

Likes (0)

#16110 Sat 29 Oct 11 4:36pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Had a busy, productive day today.

Was outside this morning, stacking fire wood with the kids.  My sunshine even had a go chopping it.  He was very sucessful, but won't be doing it unsupervised for a while yet, as an 11 year old boy and an axe sounds like a recipe for trouble to me yikes

Then I started to crochet a new winter hat for my angel, it's quite complicated with 2 different wools, but so far so good!

Then I made bread and I've started making my mincemeat for Christmas, so  it smells lovely in here.

So all in all, a good day  big_smile

Likes (0)