forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#16111 Sat 29 Oct 11 2:26pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Re: What are you doing right this minute ????

The cake is now cooked, this recipe seems to be working. Anthony Worrall Thompson  puke James Martin thumbsup Just need to let it cool, split it in two and build the cake. I have glace cherries well steeped in kirsch as well as a kirsch spiked syrup.

The apples and potatoes for the salad is prepped ready to cook, it'll be a mashed type of salad with bacon and onions on top.

Half of the wurst will be grilled, the other half is the kind you boil.

The missus is really good at bringing things together right at the end so she is in charge of that side.

I've got a feeling  the BazzaFest will be a big success.  mrgreen  mrgreen  mrgreen

Likes (0)

#16112 Sat 29 Oct 11 4:36pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Had a busy, productive day today.

Was outside this morning, stacking fire wood with the kids.  My sunshine even had a go chopping it.  He was very sucessful, but won't be doing it unsupervised for a while yet, as an 11 year old boy and an axe sounds like a recipe for trouble to me yikes

Then I started to crochet a new winter hat for my angel, it's quite complicated with 2 different wools, but so far so good!

Then I made bread and I've started making my mincemeat for Christmas, so  it smells lovely in here.

So all in all, a good day  big_smile

Likes (0)

#16113 Sat 29 Oct 11 5:47pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Sounds  like a fun party, Falconcy!

I'm getting ready to take a shower and do some marathon housecleaning before taking off to do a little shopping in SF and then pick up Jim in Oakland.  But I really feel like going back to bed.  lol  tongue

Likes (0)

#16114 Sat 29 Oct 11 6:46pm

falconcy

Forum champ
From Limassol, Cyprus

Well, 30 mins after the guests were due to arrive, nobody came. Partner called and got some lame excuse about somebody showing up unannounced. As they hadn't even taken the trouble to let us know they were delayed. How rude. My partner told them not to bother coming, she was livid.

At the end of the day they will lose out the most as they will end up having to pay premium to fix their frequent computer problems.

Likes (0)

#16115 Sat 29 Oct 11 7:02pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

Just cleaned out the fire and built a new one for later tonight.
About to chuck (not literally) the hoover around the kitchen and lounge. Cant be bothered doing upstairs i'll do that tomorrow.

I have treated myself to a bottle of white wine and I can hear it calling to me from the fridge ( naughty wine) so the quicker i get this hoovering done the quicker i can chill with a glass  smile

Likes (0)

#16116 Sat 29 Oct 11 7:42pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Falconcy, sorry to hear that!  I hope you have a nice celebration together with your family.  My friends and family are usually much later than that, but to not show at all with no warning is just terrible.

Likes (0)

#16117 Sat 29 Oct 11 8:03pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

falconcy wrote:

Well, 30 mins after the guests were due to arrive, nobody came. Partner called and got some lame excuse about somebody showing up unannounced. As they hadn't even taken the trouble to let us know they were delayed. How rude. My partner told them not to bother coming, she was livid.

At the end of the day they will lose out the most as they will end up having to pay premium to fix their frequent computer problems.

Sorry for you and your partner, if any 'friends' did that to me they would never get into my house again evil

I hope that you have (had) a great evening together anyway.

Likes (0)

#16118 Sun 30 Oct 11 1:03am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

You are right Falconcy, it is their loss. I hope you had a great evening!

Likes (0)

#16119 Sun 30 Oct 11 1:17am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

I obviously missed something.. (nothing new there) but what is the occasion Falconcy?

Im getting ready for a visit to a motrorcross event followed by making & bagging fairy floss followed by drinks (well juice for me) for a friends bday..

Likes (0)

#16120 Sun 30 Oct 11 9:16am

falconcy

Forum champ
From Limassol, Cyprus

Twas the party in honour of my 29th year of of experience at being 25 Frizz.

We're off up to the mountains today. Going to a friend who lives in Koilani - to the phonetically challenged, it's pronounced almost like Killarney though the background music is more sirtaki than ceilidh.

Likes (0)