Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 05 Nov 11 1:57pm

mr edmundo

From Lincolnshire
Member since Sat 30 Jul 11

Salmon Creole?

Anyone know of this dish, it was on one of my local pubs menus years ago, lovely it was. A salmon fillet served in a terrine with a creamy, reddish maybe winey sauce, its long been dropped from the menu but I'd love to recreate it! Any ideas?  crossed

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 05 Nov 11 5:53pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: Salmon Creole?

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 05 Nov 11 7:32pm

mr edmundo

From Lincolnshire

Hello Kye, thanks for that, the first one sounds close except the salmon was baked in the sauce and was quite thin, good starting point though  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 06 Nov 11 6:15pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Oh well i'll keep trying, have you tried searching on the net, there seem to lots of recipes for Salmon Creole/Cajun Salmon. Cohphanta, one of the forumers here might be able to help you better.

The following sounds delicious:

http://www.recipemix.com/recipes/show.p … 2&cat=

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 07 Nov 11 12:58am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10
    Likes (0)

#6 Mon 07 Nov 11 12:59am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

A basic creole sauce is going to have tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, salt, pepper, cilantro, cayenne. It is always spicy. You can add okra as well.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 08 Nov 11 12:30am

mr edmundo

From Lincolnshire

Yes Kye been searching for years now, I believe it was the chefs own recipe, most of the ones online are american and not close. Cohphanta that recipe is not the one either but your second post includes most of the ingredients with maybe the addition of white wine and cream...I shall have a bit of a practice this weekend.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 08 Nov 11 12:38am

Kye

Forum super champ

Good for you thumbsup

Likes (0)

#9 Tue 08 Nov 11 12:39am

mr edmundo

From Lincolnshire

Kye I've added that recipe to my favs...think I will prepare my salmon like that, sear it, then add it to a sauce made from onion, garlic, celery, green bell pepper, chopped tomato, white wine and a splash of cream. Into individual dishes and bake for 15 minutes so the fish juices permeate the sauce.  crossed

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 08 Nov 11 1:21am

aaronjunited

From N.Ireland, Belfast
Member since Tue 27 Jan 09

This very nice indeed. You could do this with chicken or maybe even pork as well.

Served with bacon lardon mash, or new potatoes and side of asparagus or some other veg.

Likes (0)