forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Tue 10 Jan 12 5:58pm

doreen1

Member since Sat 07 Jan 12

Re: Welcome everyone, start the new year cooking!

still cant find this receipe pok sausage ragu or rougets can anyne help 30 minute meal book but cant find it on line

Likes (0)

#22 Tue 10 Jan 12 9:49pm

coolers

Occupation sitting in a call centre wishing i was somewhere else
From ireland
Member since Tue 10 Jan 12

Doreen1 is this what you were looking for?
1 onion, quartered

1 carrot

1 stick of celery

6 good-quality sausages

1 heaped teaspoon fennel seeds

1 teaspoon dried oregano

500g dried penne

4 cloves of garlic

4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes

# TO START Get all your ingredients and equipment ready. Turn your oven to 190C/375F/gas 5. Fill and boil the kettle. Put a large frying pan on a high heat. Put the standard blade attachment into the food processor.
Blitz the vegetables in the food processor. Add the sausages, 1 heaped teaspoon of fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Keep pulsing until well mixed, then spoon this mixture into the hot frying pan with a lug of olive oil, breaking it up and stirring as you go. Keep checking on it and stirring while you get on with other jobs. Put a large deep saucepan on a low heat and fill with boiled water. Fill and reboil the kettle.
Top up the saucepan with more boiled water if needed. Season well then add the penne and cook according to packet instructions, with the lid askew. Crush 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic into the sausage mixture and stir in 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and the tinned tomatoes. Add a little of the starchy cooking water from the pasta to loosen if needed.
Drain the pasta, reserving about a wineglass worth of the cooking water. Tip the pasta into the pan of sauce and give it a gentle stir, adding enough of the cooking water to bring it to a silky consistency. Taste, correct the seasoning, then tip into a large serving bowl and take straight to the table with the rest of the Parmesan for grating over. Scatter over a few basil leaves

Likes (0)

#23 Wed 11 Jan 12 1:20am

Liz T

From The Lake District
Member since Wed 20 Apr 05

I'd have thought that your research department would be able to sort you out. 

laurasahin wrote:

Hi there,
I am working for channel 6 (TV show : 100% Mag every day 2.5 millions watchers) in France and I would like to make a report about the chef Jamie Oliver. I am really interested specially about his foundation and also about his huge business around food industry. We can go to London to meet him with all the people is working with. Do you think you can help me to contact him straight away?
Thanks very much for your help,

Kings regard,

Laura Sahin

Likes (0)

#24 Wed 11 Jan 12 1:43am

cmckee

Member since Wed 11 Jan 12

Made the fishcakes tonight with salsa, sprout salad, and potatoes.  It was so good, that my husband began giggling while eating!  THANK YOU for making dinner fresh and exciting!

Likes (0)

#25 Fri 13 Jan 12 3:35am

shakya279

Member since Fri 13 Jan 12

I am new to this site and looking for an old recipe it was on a video I owned but has since gone missing. It was great for weeks when money was short.
Please help if you know the recipe I am referring too.
It was spagetti, thyme, garlic, olive oil and I think stale bread for croutons, my kids loved it and it would come in handy righth now. I bought the video in 1998. crossed

Likes (0)

#26 Fri 13 Jan 12 4:36pm

Adamsfamily

Member since Fri 13 Jan 12

Hi Jamie/forum
K i have question about bread with difference, My Wife eats Lchf, im after good bread recipe, i know that Lchf isnt big in the uk Yet but im stuck i love bread but im struggling to make something that tastes like bread, Any help on this is appreciated.

Likes (0)

#27 Fri 13 Jan 12 6:26pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

shakya279 wrote:

I am new to this site and looking for an old recipe it was on a video I owned but has since gone missing. It was great for weeks when money was short.
Please help if you know the recipe I am referring too.
It was spagetti, thyme, garlic, olive oil and I think stale bread for croutons, my kids loved it and it would come in handy righth now. I bought the video in 1998. crossed

Is this it? http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/memb … ncino/2939

Likes (0)

#28 Sat 14 Jan 12 10:01am

williamszz

Member since Wed 30 Nov 11

Food's to be enjoyed, so just eat what appeals to you but remember your choices will affect your health.

Likes (0)

#29 Sun 15 Jan 12 6:14pm

CornPop

Occupation Law Firm Marketing
From Toronto Canada
Member since Sun 15 Jan 12

I've been experimenting with my new pasta maker and have made noodles several times now. No matter how I adjust the number of eggs white or egg yolks, my pasta takes quite a long time to cook.

Jamie says 3 1/2 minutes to cook homemade pasta. Yesterday, I did everything he said (used 00 flour, kneaded like crazy, let it rest, put it through the machine several passes until it was as thin as possible) but my ravioli - potato, pecorino, mint filling -  took about 10 minutes to cook. Tasted wonderful, but it was definitely "al dente" even after 10 minutes.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the kneading? Should I lay off the gym?

Likes (0)

#30 Mon 16 Jan 12 6:58pm

simplyfresh

Occupation Fresh Fruit, Vegetable and Dairy supplier to the catering trade
From Manchester
Member since Mon 16 Jan 12

Hey everyone,

How does one contact the sourcing department regarding supplies of Fresh Fruit, Vegetables and Dairy Produce?

I am a local supplier based in Manchester and would love the opportunity to supply Jamies newest venture Jamies Italian on King Street Manchester.

Can anyone help??

Danny maybe you could guide me?

Warm regards

Sadiq  smile

Likes (0)