Jamie Oliver

forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Thu 05 May 11 2:30pm

zumbanut

Member since Thu 05 May 11

just purchased the jamie oliver fire pit with pizza stone

ok,,
fab little addition to the new garden and its great as a fire pit , but what recipes can i cook on the pizza stone,, also will i need to season the pizza stone first before using it,,, is it oven save ????
tried a shop brought pizza and the bottom just burnt, better look up some pizza recipes im thinking,,

any hints/tips recipes would be grate x

zumbanut :)  :)

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 07 May 11 5:30pm

cannyfradock

Occupation Builder (bricklayer/ stonemason)
From S.Wales.
Member since Sat 10 Oct 09

Re: just purchased the jamie oliver fire pit with pizza stone

zumbanut

What was it that you actually bought ???

Try and post a link of what you bought and then......perhaps you will get some advice on how best to use it......until then....

Terry

Likes (0)

#3 Thu 11 Aug 11 4:57pm

Jemmars

Member since Thu 11 Aug 11

I too have bought one and cooked home made pizza's brilliantly - but i have question too.  Can you use the pizza stone supplied with the firepit in the oven.  As I have the dough but not the weather for the bbq - Help I really don't want to blow anything up crossed

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 11 Aug 11 5:29pm

sharonbee

Member since Thu 11 Aug 11

Hi, Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, it took me forever to find somewhere to post a new thread so might not even be able to find my way back for replies lol.

I love candyfloss and would like to make a dessert which includes candyfloss...does anyone have any ideas?

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 27 Mar 12 10:22pm

Checkboard

Member since Tue 27 Mar 12

The Jamie Oliver Fire pit:

"Launched [2011] at the Chelsea Flower Show, the Jamie Oliver Fire Pit Set - a complete solution for any outdoor occasion. From grilling, chilling and keeping warm when the sun goes down, this set can be used all year round.

It combines a versatile cast aluminium table with a changeable table centre, comprising a grill for cooking, an ice bucket for chilling and when the sun starts to set an integral fire pit for an instant fireplace. Completely weatherproof and practical thanks to a lightweight yet sturdy cast aluminium base. A set of four comfortable armchairs with deep set cushions completes the look."

I have been looking at this for a new garden design, and wonder how useful it is as a barbecue. It looks good as a firepit, as the table edges would guard the hot bits, making it quite safe to brush past. It looks good as an ice bucket as well - but I don't know if there is enough room for actually cooking on it. It does look good for Korean Gogigui or Japanese Shabu-shabu (using an iron hotpot).

I have seen some posts referring to a pizza stone as well, but haven't seen it advertised.

edit: as a new member, I can't post a link. You'll have to google "Jamie Oliver Fire Pit" to see the table set with integrated barbecue/ice bucket/fire pit I am referring to.  help

Likes (0)

#6 Wed 28 Mar 12 10:05am

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Here some pics for anybody interested
http://www.begardenhappy.com/store/jami … e-pit.html

1100 pounds? Ouch!

For that much I'd rather have this.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/wood-fired-o … e/dome-60/