cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Re: Whats For Supper?

joobes wrote:

Just Googled it and it sounds lovely.
I have practically everything in the house to make this, just need some chicken livers, ground pork and Cajun seasoning. I think I now know what's for supper tonight, I was wondering what to do as well.  thumbsup

Joobs, I leave out the liver unless it's a "special" occassion. Last nights was "cheap" dirty rice! Ground beef, rice, onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic powder.

Likes (0)

#20222 Thu 12 Apr 12 2:24pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Meatloaf, jasmine rice with scallions & cilantro,  fennel, carrots, leeks with fresh thyme, steamed broccoli florets, sauce: mae ploy, sriracha, tamari, sesame oil.

Likes (0)

#20223 Thu 12 Apr 12 3:15pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Tried some leftover lamb and beans between two tortillas and with camembert cheese.

Likes (0)

#20224 Thu 12 Apr 12 10:21pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL

Pan seared tilapia and creamed leeks, cous cous with fresh "salad" veggies.

Likes (0)

#20225 Fri 13 Apr 12 1:37am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

Tonight I'm going to do teriyaki salmon fillets with some steamed Asian greens.  I got a 5kg bag of my favourite Pakistani basmati rice yesterday for $6.40, it was half price. That should last us a while.

Likes (0)

#20226 Fri 13 Apr 12 2:59am

nanstertoo

Forum champ
Occupation Retired nurse-midwife
From High Point, North Carolina
Member since Tue 17 Jun 08

You guys inspire me to go outside my comfort zone.  Thanks.

Likes (0)

#20227 Fri 13 Apr 12 4:42am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

In the lead up to Greek/Orthodox (even though I'm not) Easter this weekend will be Greek egg, lemon, rice and chicken soup with a chickpea, garlic and preserved lemon salad dressed with the "usual suspects" over cous cous.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#20228 Fri 13 Apr 12 8:44am

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

cohphanta wrote:

joobes wrote:

I have practically everything in the house to make this, just need some chicken livers, ground pork and Cajun seasoning. I think I now know what's for supper tonight, I was wondering what to do as well.  thumbsup

Joobs, I leave out the liver unless it's a "special" occassion. Last nights was "cheap" dirty rice! Ground beef, rice, onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic powder.

Oh that's great, I guess a dish like this is quite versatile and you could use any ground meat. Would you use chorizo as well, or would we be edging toward a kind of Jambalaya. Then again I dont suppose that would matter too much, thats the beauty of cooking.  smile

Likes (0)

#20229 Fri 13 Apr 12 8:51am

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Hm thinKing about making chilli, if I getting it going soon, I can let it sit in the bread oven for the rest of the day! hmm

Likes (0)

#20230 Fri 13 Apr 12 12:47pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL

joobes wrote:

cohphanta wrote:

joobes wrote:

Oh that's great, I guess a dish like this is quite versatile and you could use any ground meat. Would you use chorizo as well, or would we be edging toward a kind of Jambalaya. Then again I dont suppose that would matter too much, thats the beauty of cooking.  smile

I've made mine with ground meat and andouille sausage so I would guess you could use chorizo.
The beauty of cajun cooking Joobs is it was/is based on making a meal with what you have on hand. I've also made dirty rice with carrots added...and is simply divine. My mom would sometimes use turnips or cabbage.

Likes (0)