forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#3931 Fri 18 May 12 10:02am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

I just wasted a half hour trying to get a blog post to work properly.   I  don't think I will be  blogging anymore  until they are fixed properly.   Is there any way to go back to the picture loader that was used when the blog section was first added?

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#3932 Fri 18 May 12 10:22am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Ashen is it still you  shocked   where have the sunglasses gone? wink  thumbsup  thumbsup :wave

Likes (0)

#3933 Fri 18 May 12 2:47pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Looks like they have been working on the blog page as it has changed and is looking good.

Likes (0)

#3934 Fri 18 May 12 2:54pm

Sandy

Forum champ
From Durban South Africa
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Ashen I've just gone over and uploaded a photo and its working.  thumbsup  So hopefully the problem is solved.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#3935 Fri 18 May 12 4:18pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Ashen wrote:

I just wasted a half hour trying to get a blog post to work properly.   I  don't think I will be  blogging anymore  until they are fixed properly.   Is there any way to go back to the picture loader that was used when the blog section was first added?

I can't see your last grill photo on the front page of the blogs, but when I open that entry, it's visible.  Loading a comment on people's blogs is taking a long time still.  I think they're still working on getting the bugs out.

Last edited by MsPablo (Fri 18 May 12 4:20pm)

Likes (0)

#3936 Sat 19 May 12 11:39am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hello everyone,

So sorry - I have been busy with arranging the Food Rev Day Supper Clubs and I neglected to let you all know that Eric has been working on the blogs and updating them. He has also been working on the picture uploading function - I think I mentioned this but if you post a blog and the image does not show you can edit it and try uploading the image again.

I am back in the office on Monday so I will check in with Eric as to how everything is progressing - we will also eventually have the search facility as well. Apologies again for not giving everyone the "heads up" on the blog refresh....

Cheers

Danny

Happy Food Rev Day 2012!

Likes (0)

#3937 Sat 19 May 12 11:42am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Hi Ashen

I see that your pics are fine in your blog but not the thumbnail on the landing page - I shall speak to Eric about this on Monday....

Cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#3938 Sat 19 May 12 3:01pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

do not let  the new Ashen's avatar  hmm  wink upset you Danny he is a good "bocia" after all  lol

Likes (0)

#3939 Sat 19 May 12 3:34pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Danny, I signed up for the newsletter and wine voucher!  I'm excited.  I hope I get chosen to test the wines!  Thanks to Naked Wines for offering this in the U.S!

No big deal if you don't know, but do they plan to air the British cuisine show over here Danny?

Last edited by MsPablo (Sat 19 May 12 4:15pm)

Likes (0)

#3940 Sat 19 May 12 7:32pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

I  played around editing for at least 30  mins with the photos.  I actually tried to use three photos.  the last attempt all three were edited to  approx. the same size but only two loaded in the blog with no thumbnail showing. 

The first time I tried only the thumbnail showed up and none inside the blog itself but the photos were not edited as small as the later attempt. I ended up deleting it.

the largest size on the photos I tried to upload was 279KB  much lower than the suggested 10 MB  max limit.

PS.  Not overly impressed that you can't edit or delete your own blog posts anymore.

Last edited by Ashen (Sat 19 May 12 7:42pm)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)