forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#91 Fri 18 May 12 11:47pm

tstucky

Member since Fri 18 May 12

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

Today, May 18, Nickerson Elementary in Nickerson, KS had a food revolution day.  We had 8 stations for the students to go through.  Careers/Goals, food chain necklace, Just Dance, I-Pads, outside games, walking trail, chill room, and a healthy snack tasting table.  We had presentations from the Reno County Health Dept. and the Hutchinson Community College.  This was inspired by Jamie's quest to make children healthier.  Our food service secretary headed it up because her husband has Crone's disease and she had to change their eating habits.  Lunch was a taco bar with numerous veggies and a yogurt bar w/ granola, fruits, m&m's, and carob chocolate chips.  Needless to day this was a huge success.  It was also ABLE day (Attitude, Behavior, Learning, Effort).  Jamie needs to come to Kansas!
Terry Stucky
2nd Grade Teacher
Nickerson Elementary

Likes (0)

#92 Sat 19 May 12 12:45am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Congratulations Nickerson Elementary in Nickerson,!
How wonderful!
clap  cool  big_smile  cool  clap

Likes (0)

#93 Sat 19 May 12 9:29am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Welcome to the forum Terry  big_smile

That sounds like a brilliant day at school and one that the children will remember .
I know that a lot of planning and time has to go into organising these days at school .
Bet you all had a great day ,congratulations to all involved , staff and pupils .

Do you have any photos that you can post on the website , or a short video clip ?

Will you be organising something similar again for next years food revolution day ?

Likes (0)

#94 Sat 19 May 12 5:14pm

mark's kitchen

Occupation Head cook, Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ
From santa rosa,california,usa
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

Happy FRD to all. It is early here and your FRD has almost ended, I suspect. But happy day, to all. Great reason to be awake!

Mark

Likes (0)

#95 Sun 20 May 12 2:45am

mark's kitchen

Occupation Head cook, Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ
From santa rosa,california,usa
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

Just visited with JO on Google + Hangout. No food tho. Hmmm good thing I am making Pasta with fresh basil, off my plants.
Nice live chat, good to see the "old man" looking healthy. He is having a BD next week, a young 37yrs but so much under his belt.

Mark

Likes (0)

#96 Sun 20 May 12 4:29pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

I went to to Google Hangout and enjoyed the conversation.  Made roast turkey breast with yams and veggies for dinner last night.  Trying to stay healthy. smile

Likes (0)

#97 Sun 20 May 12 11:02pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Food Revolution Day is over, Danny and the students of Fifteen had some great events in London - and for sure there have been many more great events worldwide.
Today I had the chance to join the Vietnamese supper club at Fifteen. Now I have to figure out, how to show you some photos of it.

Likes (0)

#98 Sun 20 May 12 11:15pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

It was a good day Christian , good to meet you .
Have you loaded the photos onto your computer yet ?

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#99 Sun 20 May 12 11:44pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

I have put three photos on the blog.
Yes it was really good.

Likes (0)

#100 Mon 21 May 12 8:35am

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

This weekend I baked two loaves of bread, 8 flour tortillas  for the fajitas, breadcrumbed 20 chicken oysters Ive been saving in the freezer for the last few months and made a chilli jam to smear on them, made a mustard bechamel sauce for the Salmon and used all my home- grown herbs and lettuce to go with it. Oh and roasted a load of mixed veggies! Busy busy!

Likes (0)