forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#91 Sun 20 May 12 4:29pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Re: Food Revolution Day, May 19!

I went to to Google Hangout and enjoyed the conversation.  Made roast turkey breast with yams and veggies for dinner last night.  Trying to stay healthy. smile

Likes (0)

#92 Sun 20 May 12 11:02pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

Food Revolution Day is over, Danny and the students of Fifteen had some great events in London - and for sure there have been many more great events worldwide.
Today I had the chance to join the Vietnamese supper club at Fifteen. Now I have to figure out, how to show you some photos of it.

Likes (0)

#93 Sun 20 May 12 11:15pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

It was a good day Christian , good to meet you .
Have you loaded the photos onto your computer yet ?

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#94 Sun 20 May 12 11:44pm

christian_halfm

Occupation Sometimes I would like to know myself (or like to change it).
From Germany
Member since Thu 17 Mar 11

I have put three photos on the blog.
Yes it was really good.

Likes (0)

#95 Mon 21 May 12 8:35am

dhartley

Occupation Office Wallah
From Yorkshire / E Sussex
Member since Thu 15 Mar 12

This weekend I baked two loaves of bread, 8 flour tortillas  for the fajitas, breadcrumbed 20 chicken oysters Ive been saving in the freezer for the last few months and made a chilli jam to smear on them, made a mustard bechamel sauce for the Salmon and used all my home- grown herbs and lettuce to go with it. Oh and roasted a load of mixed veggies! Busy busy!

Likes (0)

#96 Mon 21 May 12 9:16am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I baked a loaf of "pane di fiori" (hop flowers yeast), I was not sure it worked after two years, and it did! I brought it to the inauguration of a reconstruction of a prehistoric village, and handed it to the man who bakes bread in a hole in the ground, after making fire. He has a sort of earth pan now with two flat handles and a hole to let the steam go out, which can be put on the loaf as an oven. I hope one day I'll have one aswell. They have been discoveredby archeologists in Trentino on the Alps.
There were school children learning and listening to a friend of mine explaining the use of herbs, her husband teaching how to make tools from stones, another passionate ragazzo letting children discover things under sand and telling them how you do that without breaking or spoiling and and and
I felt good there sitting on a woodden chair near an open fire in a hut ...... so familiar to me, I would have stayed there waiting for something bubbling in a huge pan on the  embers smile
somehow I felt I was celebrating a good  Food Revolution Day

my pics do not want to appear on the blog section, so imagine them please wink

Last edited by Grand_Ma (Mon 21 May 12 9:25am)

Likes (0)

#97 Mon 21 May 12 9:58am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks so much Mada for your support - I am back on board today after a marathon Food Rev weekend so I will work with Eric to resolve the image uploading challenge.

Kind regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#98 Mon 21 May 12 10:30am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Grandmadamada , that sounds a fantastic day and yes .. I can imagine that oven .. And I can almost smell that bread as it bakes !

I also had a good weekend as I went into Cardiff to see the food revolution event at Jamie's Italian  , they were making a huge 'Welsh Dragon ' picture from pasta .
The pasta , for the picture ,was being made outside the restaurant in the street for all to see  by one of the chefs . Children and passers by we're adding lengths of pasta to make the picture .
Sadly I could not stay and see the picture as it finished , but I can say I was there at the start!
I shall add pictures to my blog later today .
I had a lovely chat to Antonio, who was making the pasta and he spoke to me about the difference in the texture of pasta made with just water and flour compared to  that with eggs added to make the dough.

He also told me of the fantastic time he had had with Fifteen 15 year olds from a local school who had spent the day ,(earlier in the week ) at Jamie's Italian learning to make pasta , salads and bread . He told me about the way their faces showed complete concentration ,then joy and
excitement seeing what they had made .It sounded a lovely time.

Sunday , I went to give a bit of help taking leaves off herbs do that they could be used !
thumbsup

Likes (0)

#99 Mon 21 May 12 11:21pm

JonnyG

Occupation Business editor at Jamie Oliver
From London
Member since Wed 02 May 12

Wow, I thought I had a busy Food Rev day but I seem to have been put to shame, especially by tstucky! I did, however, successfully poach my first egg, which despite being a decent cook is a skill that has evaded me for a good few years. FIt must have been the magic of the day!

I actually spent most of it chopping lettuce, but also going to bake sales and helping Danny out with his and Rocket&Squash's amazing pub lunch supper club.

I popped a blog up on here, as well as on my own blog (which can have more pics!) so have a look at what we all got up to at Jamie HQ.

Likes (0)

#100 Tue 22 May 12 10:19am

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Thanks for your help Jonny G - you are a legend for helping out other staff as well after helping us!

Dan

Likes (0)