Hi, why do you ask?

Likes (0)

#12 Thu 12 Jul 12 5:17am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Re: Primary School Is Stopping Providing School Meals

I still find it odd that schools provide meals. It's very rare in australia. We've always done packed lunches or bought from the school canteen (a treat for most kids).

Likes (0)

#13 Thu 12 Jul 12 5:53am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Ruthtfs wrote:

Hi, why do you ask?

Ninelivesmedia only seems to have made that one post .
Maybe they live in your area and want to know more about the issues in your school with the stopping of school lunches .
Maybe with a name like they have they are from a local paper who could help raise awareness of his issue .. No idea about that it's just a thought !

White rabbit   We are lucky here in the UK with having cooked school lunches but this is not the case in every school , not all schools have the facilities that enable lunches to be cooked or served .but where there are meals standards and menus vary a great deal from education authority to education authority and also wether the school is private or state run and now there seems to be an issue with the types of food that are served in the school academy's ( fairly new system of schools with different funding arrangements etc) .

Likes (0)

#14 Thu 12 Jul 12 11:39am

Ninelivesmedia

Member since Fri 29 Jun 12

Hi Ruth - mummza is correct, we are making a national TV programme on school food and I am aware that there is an issue in Northumberland with some schools possibly being unable to provide hot meals in the new year. Although I am not sure how many/how definite the plans are.

If I could contact  you directly I would be able to tell you more about what we are doing, but there is a limit to what I can put on here because the programme is mid-production.

You're more than welcome to look at our site and contact me through there but I imagine that I'm not allowed to advertise my email directly on here.

Ian

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 12 Jul 12 6:44pm

Ninelivesmedia

Member since Fri 29 Jun 12

Hi Ruth - I've enabled my email so you can contact me through here.

Thanks,

Ian

Likes (0)

#16 Fri 13 Jul 12 11:36pm

Ruthtfs

Member since Mon 25 Jun 12

Weyhey!!! Good news! Parents and the school Governors met last night and it was revealed that the LEA have come to an agreement with the Governors and that school meals will continue from September!!!!

At least for the short term, that is. At least we now have some time to work together, gather all the facts and hopefully come up with something that will ensure the continued provision of school meals.

Watch this space!

Likes (0)

#17 Sat 14 Jul 12 1:48am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Congratulations Ruthtfs! clap

Likes (0)