forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 19 Aug 12 6:02pm

stephenburke

Member since Sat 14 Jan 12

How do I get Jamie's Italian to answer feedback - no response

I've filled out the form on
http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/feedback
three times. main feedback was with a disappointing "fish in a bag". I sent feedback 1 where I also mentioned as a btw I had not received any offers. I then received feedback on that via email and responded with a thanks and asked but what about my main feedback. No 2 response and have I completed the above form 3 time now and nada apart from auto emails will be contacted in 3 working days.

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 19 Aug 12 6:14pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

Re: How do I get Jamie's Italian to answer feedback - no response

I'm sure that as soon as Danny the Editor will see your post, you'll have this solved

big_smile Monday morning is not so long to wait

ciao from Italy

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 20 Aug 12 12:28am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Stephen , can I ask if you combined at the time you were in the Jamie's Italian  ?

It is always best to complain in the restaurant initially when you have the dish I front of you as often the complaint can be dealt with easily then.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 20 Aug 12 5:58pm

stephenburke

No I didn't complain at the time as I was with someone who does not like a fuss and instead prefers to simply not visit again. Original feedback was given on  July 28th feedback : "fish in a bag bath" - the fish  was somewhat tough and not very nice at all especially when paying £16, you expect it to be tasty:-
"FILLET OF FISH BAKED IN A BAG £15.95
South coast fish with clams, mussels, fennel, chilli, anchovies & Sicilian cracked wheat". I was glad to have the wheat. The waitress said the fish was coley. It had white flesh and silver scales with black vertical stripes. I have had this a couple of times before and really enjoyed it.

btw a correction: I repeated the feedback once not twice. Also sent 10 emails back to the person who responded originally (for my not getting offers) as to what was happening.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 20 Aug 12 6:08pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

I have always found The staff at Jamie's Italian to be very helpful , I had a slight issue with a meal recently and mentioned it to the waitress , the meal was rebooked for me and they even offered to keep my daughters dishes hot whilst this happened . Whilst we waited for the meal to be recooked we we're given a complimentary drink.
I have found that it is always best to mention a problem if there is one to the staff in a restaurant at the time you are there.

We have had some very good meals at Jamie's Italian . I am sorry that you have had a disappointing meal.

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 20 Aug 12 6:57pm

Danny

Jamie Oliver Food Foundation
From Jamie's Office
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Sorry Stephen, I have sent this on and am now chasing for you

cheers

Danny

Likes (0)

#7 Thu 23 Aug 12 11:54am

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hello Stephen,

Hope all is well. I heard back from the team at Bath this morning - they say that they have emailed you a few times now and as yet they have not heard back from you. Wondered if you could check your emails?

Thank you

Danny

Likes (0)

#8 Thu 23 Aug 12 5:08pm

stephenburke

Hi Danny,

Oh dearie, me very disappointing, I suspect someone is telling porkies!

I have a filter on to catch these mails plus I review the very little spam I get before deleting.

Odd that I had no problem bouncing emails back and forth with <Name of Jamie's Italian Group Sales and Marketing Coordinator>(at)jamiesitalian.com until I asked about my complaint then nada (I don't want  to give their name in case they are spammed). Plus I get the noreply(at)jamieoliver.com mails no problem.

Do you think its a case of ignoring my complaint and now time has moved on they don't know what to do?

If you are interested you I can forward you the correspondence.

Likes (0)

#9 Thu 23 Aug 12 9:33pm

Danny

From Jamie's Office

Hello Stephen

Hope all is well. Please feel free to send the emails to:

editor@jamieoliver.com

Kind regards

Danny

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 08 Dec 12 2:41pm

stephenburke

I want to provide an update as I do not want folk to be mislead. It's been awhile since my original post but that is down to me having other things in life to contend with. In brief, my complaint was dealt with to my satisfaction. I was subsequently contacted by staff from Jamie's Italian and it turned out that my feedback had fallen between two stools due to my providing two sets of feedback and I accept this i.e. I should have separated out the two issues.  I was informed that the ‘fish in a bag’ (from their records) was grey mullet (for those interested, an original Jamie recipe hailing from his first ‘Naked Chef’ series) which should have been no less tasty than any of the other fish I have had.To conclude, I've since been back to Jamie's Italian bath where I have had great food, drink and a wonderful time. The staff have been absolutely brilliant.

Likes (0)