Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#381 Sun 07 Oct 12 12:23pm

Strawberry Sun

Member since Sun 07 Oct 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

How can I make pear sorbet? I had it on holiday once years ago and I loved it. I can't find it anywhere in the UK though, and recipes all seem to call for icecream makers, which I don't have.

Likes (0)

#382 Sun 07 Oct 12 7:05pm

ermentrude33

Member since Sun 07 Oct 12

Hi there, 

Total Jamie fan and visited recipease today.  Love love love the new window display and was wondering if you could please share the stockist of the lovely stripey fabric that adorned the food cart in the Brigthon Western Road window please?  I would love to use it to make some blinds for my kitchen!

Hope you can help!

Sarah  help

Likes (0)

#383 Mon 08 Oct 12 4:09pm

betty is me

Member since Mon 08 Oct 12

I bought some nduja by the 100gm, (not in its skin), and I've had it in a tub in the fridge for about 5 or six months  now.  I thought of it as a spice paste and assumed it would be fine to keep for a good while, but now I know it has pork in it I'm unsure about its keeping qualities.  Can someone tell me just how long it will last in the fridge this way.

Likes (0)

#384 Tue 09 Oct 12 11:33am

palikatony

Member since Tue 09 Oct 12

Jamie I am a great fun of yours.
But also I am a father of a son suffering of ADHD
(Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder).
Please tell me if there is any specific diet for children like my son.
Thank you in advance.
smile

Likes (0)

#385 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:05pm

jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Thanks everyone for looking after this thread for me, it's been a busy busy time. Few answers for you to follow.

Nice one

Jamie x

Likes (0)

#386 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:07pm

jamie

Chef

rachaelhamilton wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Ive made your butternut squash muffins lots of times.......

The icing really doesn't set, I went as far as making it the night before and putting it in the fridge, it still didn't set. 

Is there something missing from the icing recipe? 

I love your work and good luck for the new 15 min book!  I look forward to reading and baking from it!

rach x clap

Hello Rach

Nice to hear from you. Maybe try not adding all of the liquid at once, add it slowly to get the right consistency, love those muffins!  Let me know how you get on

Jamie

Likes (0)

#387 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:11pm

jamie

Chef

alanjns wrote:

Hi, can you recommend a non-smoked alternative to chorizo sausage?

Hi Alan

It's the Paprika in the chorizo that gives it that smokey flavour, you could try using regular salami. I am a big fan of chorizo...

cheers

Jamie

Likes (0)

#388 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:14pm

jamie

Chef

alice_forest wrote:

Hello! I want to ask a question about the Epic BBQ Sauce from Jamie's America. How thick should it be? The recipe gives 5 or 10 minutes to simmer until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
But I had to wait for about 50 minutes, i guess (not at really law heat). And I still think it was a bit thin. (I always have to increase the simmering time for recipes like that: ketchups, marmalades etc). smile
But the pork ribs were marvellous, thank you very much!!!!

Glad you like the ribs! For the sauce maybe it is the size of the oranges that you are using for the juice, try smaller oranges perhaps?

cheers

Jamie

Likes (0)

#389 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:17pm

jamie

Chef

nikkie110811 wrote:

good day sir smile other than potatoes and carrots ... i can't seem to get my kids to eat vegetables ... any idea...? thanks so much neutral

nikkie110811

Ni Nikkie,

How about trying some smashed peas with a little bit of butter and mint? Let us know how you get on...

Nice one

Jamie

Likes (0)

#390 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:21pm

jamie

Chef

Maziee wrote:

Hi Jamie I have searched all your books but am still struggling so I need some help. I am organising a 3 day festival in my house  and the theme is Hawiian. friday night start with cocktails so thats pretty easy. We have a three course sit down meal for 25-30 so it needs to be simple. Starter is sorted with your melon and proscuito salad. The meat for mains is chicken  I have 4 whole birds any suggestions, the desert will be your cheese cake. But I am stuck for starters and desert for the Saturday and as I feed about 45 I need help The meat for Saturday is overnight pork with a spicy rub, any suggestion for accompaning dishes. Thanks Maziee  help

wow Hawaiian, sounds exotic. Off the top of my head how about fruit and haloumi skewers??? Post some pics up in the blogs if you can it would be cool to see how it all turned out.

Cheers

Jamie

Likes (0)