forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Mon 08 Oct 12 4:02pm

betty is me

Member since Mon 08 Oct 12

Re: Pasta sauce with Nduja??

I bought some nduja by the 100gm, (not in its skin), and I've had it in a tub in the fridge for about 5 or six months  now.  I thought of it as a spice paste and assumed it would be fine to keep for a good while, but now I know it has pork in it I'm unsure about its keeping qualities.  Can someone tell me just how long it will last in the fridge this way.

Likes (0)

#12 Mon 12 Nov 12 3:57pm

JOFoodTube

Member since Mon 12 Nov 12

Hi!

Nduja is a really interesting ingredient!

I am currently working on Jamie's brand new YouTube Channel which is launching in January 2013. Could you send me a email via this forum so I can get in touch with you directly regarding how we might be able to use some of your great questions on the channel?

Cheers

Charles.

Last edited by JOFoodTube (Mon 12 Nov 12 4:08pm)

Likes (0)

#13 Sat 02 Mar 13 8:34pm

laureddu

Member since Sat 02 Mar 13

@betty is me

'Nduja in a tub can be kept also outside of the fridge for at least 18 months as long as you don't open it. Once opened then it has to be kept in the fridge and, if you plan to eat the rest not soon, it is adviced to poor a small layer of oliveoil inside the tub to isolate the 'Nduja from the air which will keep it's fantastic taste !

I do sell a lot of variations of 'Nduja here in The Netherlands, for overseas shipments contact me through my website :-)

www.peccatidigola.nl

Likes (0)