forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 21 Nov 10 8:53pm

steelicarus

Member since Sun 21 Nov 10

Caveman is here..

hey guys

paleo eater and personal trainer here.  i run a paleo blog somewhere and ive been looking into recipe ideas and new ways of cooking,  thought i'd sign up and learn from y'all big_smile

Likes (2)

#2 Thu 04 Oct 12 10:36pm

jkastello

Member since Thu 04 Oct 12

Re: Caveman is here..

Hey, steelicarus, are you still a paleo/primal fan? I'd be nice to hear from you? What's your blog name?

Best regards from Slovenia!
Jure

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 05 Oct 12 10:07am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Have to admit I don't know much about the Paleo diet .. Apart from lean meat and wild vegetables get eaten .

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 05 Oct 12 1:25pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

I think it's mostly meats, roots and veggies.  But it excludes ALL GRAINS, LEGUMES, DAIRY, and refined sugars and salts.  No processed foods.

How it's possible to live without lentils and pasta I'll never know.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 05 Oct 12 10:26pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Were they the people with rotten or no teeth and limited eye sight?

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 06 Oct 12 5:23pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

koukouvagia wrote:

I think it's mostly meats, roots and veggies.  But it excludes ALL GRAINS, LEGUMES, DAIRY, and refined sugars and salts.  No processed foods.

You're on the right tracks, Koukouvagia - it's eating meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit and nuts in moderation.  Sugar, dairy, refined oils, processed foods and additives, all grains (including corn and rice) and legumes as well as very starchy tubers such as potatoes are out.  It's also about the quality of your food - organic where possible, local, naturally raised/reared foods are preferable whenever possible.  Natural fats such as lard, tallow, EVO and coconut oil are used to cook with.

I thought that it would be impossible to live without bread, pasta, etc, but the health benefits I've reaped have outstripped any lingering desires for those (as has a diagnosis of coeliac disease  lol ).  I've also noticed that I haven't been ill in 18 months, and that my hayfever has completely disappeared for 2 years in a row - can't be coincidence!  Oh, and my blood pressure and cholesterol is down, too!  And my optician and dentist are very happy as my eyesight and teeth have improved, as well.

Likes (2)

#7 Sat 06 Oct 12 5:57pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

I have heard that the key is keeping weight at a healthy level and being sure to get sufficient nutrition, not so much whether you eat a particular diet, as long as you get sufficient nutrition.  It seems like a diet where you could easily get sufficient nutrition for good health and if it helps you to maintain a healthy weight or to lose weight if needed, that would seem to be the biggest benefit, I would think.

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 06 Oct 12 8:22pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York

oliviascotland wrote:

koukouvagia wrote:

You're on the right tracks, Koukouvagia - it's eating meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit and nuts in moderation.  Sugar, dairy, refined oils, processed foods and additives, all grains (including corn and rice) and legumes as well as very starchy tubers such as potatoes are out.  It's also about the quality of your food - organic where possible, local, naturally raised/reared foods are preferable whenever possible.  Natural fats such as lard, tallow, EVO and coconut oil are used to cook with.

I thought that it would be impossible to live without bread, pasta, etc, but the health benefits I've reaped have outstripped any lingering desires for those (as has a diagnosis of coeliac disease  lol ).  I've also noticed that I haven't been ill in 18 months, and that my hayfever has completely disappeared for 2 years in a row - can't be coincidence!  Oh, and my blood pressure and cholesterol is down, too!  And my optician and dentist are very happy as my eyesight and teeth have improved, as well.

No doubt!  But I'm an addict you see.  I'm addicted to potatoes and bread, which then leads to an addition to sugar see?  It's all a carefully devised plan of modern food production to keep us addicted to food.

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 08 Oct 12 4:26pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

koukouvagia wrote:

No doubt!  But I'm an addict you see.  I'm addicted to potatoes and bread, which then leads to an addition to sugar see?  It's all a carefully devised plan of modern food production to keep us addicted to food.

It wouldn't surprise me were that the case  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#10 Tue 09 Oct 12 2:31pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York

oliviascotland wrote:

koukouvagia wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me were that the case  lol  lol

I am convinced it is.  Think about how different our diet is now than it was just 50 years ago.  Don't you think that processed food has had a horrific effect on the health of the general population??  I try to picture my Grandmother walking through the grocery store and not being able to identify most things on the shelves.

Likes (0)