forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#391 Wed 10 Oct 12 11:06am

SergeyL

Member since Wed 10 Oct 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

jamie wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all of the great work that you do here on the forums helping each other and making this a great website to be a part of. I want to help out as well so I have started this thread to answer any cooking questions that you may have. I can't promise that I will be able to answer all of them but I will give it my best shot! So ask away....

Nice one

Jamie x

Hi Oliver I am writing you from distant Russia. I live in Moscow. Really like your your transmission and your books. I am 22 years old. I would like to learn to cook as you are! Since childhood, I do cook. Mom says that I have a talent. Here grew think where to study, to work. I want to find courses chef here in Moscow to get a crust that I am the cook. then going increase the discharge. Do not you going to open a restaurant in Russia?
Thanks in advance! smile  smile  smile
because of the lack of knowledge of English is necessary to use an interpreter And he takes a wry
I'm sorry for asking off topic sad

Last edited by SergeyL (Wed 10 Oct 12 11:24am)

Likes (0)

#392 Wed 10 Oct 12 12:38pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

hmm (sorry, can't find the "think" emoticon.

*So* glad to see Jamie reply to some questions posed by mainly new members clap  clap  clap  thumbsup

Good one, Jamie and thank you.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#393 Wed 10 Oct 12 4:57pm

orlaithmaleady

Member since Sat 29 Sep 12

hiii, im making dinner for the family and really want to do a breadcrumbed chicken dish...any suggestions xo smile

Likes (0)

#394 Thu 11 Oct 12 2:08pm

whinch

Member since Thu 11 Oct 12

Hi Jamie,
I am new to Aga cooking and want to cook your Crackled Pork Belly for friends. Can you please help me translate the cooking method for it and in particular the grilling of the crackling? So far I haven't mastered grilling, had some real disaters!!
Thank you
whinch x  yikes  crossed

Likes (0)

#395 Thu 11 Oct 12 7:45pm

pame71

Member since Thu 01 Jul 10

I have a question for a long time about the huge amounts you use rosemary, rosemary here in Chile is very strong so only a pinch is enough to meats, chops or potatoes.
maybe your rosemary is a  softer variety than ours?

Likes (0)

#396 Fri 12 Oct 12 10:53pm

debashie

Member since Fri 12 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

Please help...My 6 year old son has recently been put on a dairy free lactose diet and as i am new to this sort of diet i am battling to find things that are safe yet fun for him to eat.A lot of the information that i have managed to find on the web kind of contradicts or confuses me altogether.
The most confusing is cheese and i am hoping you can help me with this as one of his favorite foods is pizza.Some of the sites says mozzarella is lactose free and others say its not.The dairy free cheese we have managed to find is very bland and not very nice.

Any information you could give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks . Look forward to hearing from you

Debbie

help  help

Likes (0)

#397 Sun 14 Oct 12 5:04pm

Trannoc

Member since Sun 14 Oct 12

Hello Jamie!

We have just been to your italian restaurant in London. Great service and wonderfull food! The ITALIAN BREAD SELECTION was fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the (what i think was) chiabatta? It was so soft, spongy and dellicous.

Thank you so much,
Trannoc

Likes (0)

#398 Mon 15 Oct 12 9:56pm

srwroots

Member since Mon 15 Oct 12

I have a family member who is allergic to onion, I leave it out of all recipes since they can become quite ill. some recipes lack oomph without onion.  any suggestions as to a substitute, I also go easy on garlic since it is in the same plant family.  So far have used celery as a substitute but not always satisfying taste wise.

thank you

Likes (0)

#399 Wed 17 Oct 12 2:31pm

Teneka26

Member since Wed 17 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I'm cooking a meal tonight for me and my partner and I would love to know how to make a fresh salmon meal with spice to it .
Luv Zoe x smile

Likes (0)

#400 Wed 17 Oct 12 2:39pm

Teneka26

Member since Wed 17 Oct 12

Hi Jamie

I'm cookin a fresh salmon meal tonight and just wondering how to make it with a hint a spice xx
Thank you
Luv Zoe xx

Likes (0)