"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21332 Sun 04 Nov 12 5:38pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Re: Whats For Supper?

Leftover stew from Thursday, I think, with maybe a baked potato for my OH, and some delicious Brussels sprouts (roasted, with hazelnuts).

Likes (0)

#21333 Sun 04 Nov 12 10:54pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

when our supper is finshed I should think what there will be tomorrow morning to be a serious lunchbox for my son
but I ususally think about this before I wake up help  lol  oops

Likes (0)

#21334 Mon 05 Nov 12 8:20am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Making Jamie's Keralan Veg Curry with rice (from 15MM) and Madhur Jaffrey's toamto, onion and cumin salad.

Don't think I need Jamie's minted yoghurt (have a high heat/spice  tolerance) but have the makings if I need it.

Likes (0)

#21335 Mon 05 Nov 12 10:20am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Spicy, sticky beef ribs with a baked potato, sour cream and coleslaw.

Likes (0)

#21336 Mon 05 Nov 12 8:50pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

duck legs and fried potatoes tonight. I'm also making a posole for work tomorrow.

Likes (0)

#21337 Tue 06 Nov 12 8:25am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

My birthday "wish book" finally arrived a month late. But it was worth it: "jerusalem" by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi.

Am cooking from it for the first time: Open Kibbeh. 15MM it aint! But, apart from the ground/minced lamb I had everything else. Popped out to my butcher while the rest of the nation was watching the Melbourne Cup ("the horse race that stops a nation"). Was back in 15 minutes.

It is smelling wonderful. Will serve with tabbouleh which will probably lead to bulgar overload and watch Jamie's 15MM at the same time.

Likes (0)

#21338 Tue 06 Nov 12 1:42pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Slow roasted pork belly roasted over carrots, onions, garlic and parsnips, served with braised red cabbage.

Likes (0)

#21339 Tue 06 Nov 12 8:52pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

morning gorgeous crazy people

im on the pc for a change & there were a billion thread replies hich obviously are not coming down to my iphone so i thought i best pop in...

its warm here & a kind neighbour gave us 8 purple oak leaf lettuce heads so you know we are eating loads of salad.

Also last night i made this sauce in the blender that was mostly soy sauce, peanut butter, chilli, garlic & ginger -- which thinned down makes a great  dressing for rice noodle salads.

I made the Clayton a kitkat cake for his birthday last week0.. got it pretty well spot on - cant link pics in from photobucket to the blogs so that is why there havent been any posts..

i di miss this place & hope everything is good for everyone in the lead up to the holidays..

much love

xx

zerberts

Likes (0)

#21340 Tue 06 Nov 12 11:26pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Frizz ... How are you haven't seen you here in a while , nice to see you again.

Supper today was pizza for my darling
I made meatballs in a tomato sauce for my friends when I was at their house and then I just 'ran out of steam' so what I had for me was some buttered baby potatoes , I just didn't fancy eating anything else .and the buttery potatoes , well they were very good !

Likes (0)