forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 07 Nov 12 7:17pm

siwaller

Member since Wed 07 Nov 12

Farfalle with Fennel, Chorizo and Truffel

Raided the cupboard tonight thinking what I could make and had my weekly delivery of organic veg and in it was a nice fresh fennel.

So put some Farfalle on to cook, chopped up a small onion finely into a pan with a little hot olive oil. Cooked until soft then added some randomly chopped up chorizo chunks, cooked to release the oils and then added similarly chopped up fennel. I also added a small but relatively hot chilli for added spice.

When the pasta was cooked al dente, drained off saving a small amount of the cooking water; added one large teaspoon of truffles in oil (bought in italy) to the onion/chorizo/fennel/chilli mix and ensured it was well combined. Added the pasta and a little of the cooking water and mixed well. Left to rest for a few minutes to absorb the delicious flavours.

Served up topped with a little shaved parmesan.. Was delicious.

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 07 Nov 12 8:43pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Re: Farfalle with Fennel, Chorizo and Truffel

Sounds wonderful.  Next time try starting off cooking the chorizo first.  It creates a wonderful fond that when you add the onions and fennel they scoop up that wonderful fond and create a richness only fond can create!

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 07 Nov 12 9:06pm

siwaller

Member since Wed 07 Nov 12

I should add I used more of an italian style chorizo that is already dry cured so didnt need much cooking and isnt very fatty,  but yes if I was using a uncooked chorizo I would definately go with the method you describe. smile

Likes (0)

#4 Thu 08 Nov 12 12:20am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Yum Siwaller! yummy

Likes (0)