forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#481 Tue 13 Nov 12 2:01am

truthful person

Member since Tue 13 Nov 12

Re: Ask me a cooking question

Hi, I watched your chicken pot pie on the 30 minute meal show, I cannot find the recipe on this site. Plus what is creme fresh. Please respond.
thank you. help

Likes (0)

#482 Tue 13 Nov 12 3:40am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Truthful person, you will probably need to purchase the 30 minute meals book for the recipe, Jaime only puts a few of his recipes on the site. Creme fraiche is basically a soured cream http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crème_fraîche
If you cannot find it in the supermarket, you can make it yourself by adding some fresh lemon juice to fresh cream and leaving it for awhile to sour.

Likes (0)

#483 Tue 13 Nov 12 6:42am

robynlyndon1

Member since Sun 24 Jun 12

Hi Jamie

I watched your TV program on 9 or 10th November in Queensland Australia and you demonstrated a 15 minute coleslaw with your home made burgers - now I made the coleslaw but it was too wet - I have a magi mix food processor - now to I use the thinner slicer for the cabbage or the coaser one?  I grated all my ingredients which was 1/4 cabbage, 2 carrots, 1 pear and half red onion but I think I should have sliced the cabbage on the thinner disc and then grate the carrot - but when you did it - it was all on one disc and then you mixed it with olive oil salt and pepper and some vinegar from the gerkins (or pickle cucumber) but it was great but I need to stop it being so wet - the only other thing I can do is slice it all by hand but I have done slaw on my slicer before and never had a problem might be the cabbage was to wet from the fridge and should have been room temperature as this has never happened to me before.

Thanks again for all your had work with the meals I really do appreciate it - I have most of all your books will need to purchase the 15 minute one now as I am watching my weight and I love that part that all of your meals have been calorie controlled only I do not know how to work out the calorie for each dish.

It is great what you are doing for the whole world with your meals - I hope people take notice and start to cook for themselves - I love cooking heaps but then I am passionate about cooking so this is why I make great meals as well but even though I am 63 years old I am still learning new ways of doing things.

Thanks for answering any questions we ask -= that is great too!!

Cheers
Robyn 

big_smile  yikes  sad  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  yikes  wink  help

Likes (0)

#484 Tue 13 Nov 12 10:26pm

elleo

Member since Tue 13 Nov 12

I have surgery next week, with two weeks bedrest.  Need to make freezer meals for family of three who do not cook!  Trying to avoid all of the pricey takeout.  I am experienced cook, but haven't made large quantities to divide and freeze.  Just got freezer.  Love classic Italian, French, U.S. traditional food.  Can't handle too much spice or dairy.  Any brilliant suggestions?  Got the pasta sauce, minestrone and other soups thing down for large quantities, but otherwise don't usually do it.  Thanks in advance. smile

Likes (0)

#485 Thu 15 Nov 12 6:52pm

kwe

Member since Thu 15 Nov 12

Ouestion to a recipe in 30 minute meals
Asian salmon with nudel soup
The first part says:
ginger
garlic
red onion
chilli
soy sause
lime juice
I have minced all this in the food processor
and you write: "taste and calibrate between the sweet and salt"
to me it's salt from the soy sause and sour from the lime, there is absolutely nothing sweet about this. Is the recipe missing an ingredient? Perhaps in the translation to danish??? Or am i misunderstanding something
/Kirsten

Likes (0)

#486 Fri 16 Nov 12 7:13am

beamer4

Member since Fri 16 Nov 12

Hi l need some recipes with no carbohdrates in as l have type 2 Diabetic and very high blood suger levels so need some ideas thanks Beamer4. wink  wink

Likes (0)

#487 Sat 17 Nov 12 9:12am

ains82

Member since Thu 02 Feb 12

Hi trying to find the ingredients for the waffle.. for the epic hot chocolate thanks  alot tongue

Likes (0)

#488 Sat 17 Nov 12 2:08pm

paulawestfrance

Member since Sat 17 Nov 12

Firstly may I say I have never had so much difficulty signing into a website as i have this one.
My son and I have been makinf your chocolate mousse from your book "Happy days with the naked chef". After we had finished he decided he would like to try the sesame seed toffee snaps. We have followed your receipe correctly but after half an hour the sugar syrup was still clear. Eventually it started to crytalise and my son thought it had turned "golden" so added the seeds. I now have a pan full off sesame seed glup. Whart a waste!!!!!!!
I have looked at other receipes and either they don't mention water to make the toffee or they have butter or another ingregiant aswell. Cold you tell me what has gone wrong and whether <i can do something with the glup or wheter <i just bin it?

Likes (0)

#489 Sat 17 Nov 12 2:47pm

aliegarr

Occupation Environment
From Blackpool
Member since Tue 19 Sep 06

Hi Jamie and his Team

When using yoghurt, creme fraiche, cream or fromage frias in cooking, how do you know which is the best one to use, but also how so you stop it splitting or curdling?

Many thanks
Ali kiss xx

Likes (0)

#490 Sat 17 Nov 12 9:39pm

jennyrozycki

Member since Sat 17 Nov 12

Hi Jamie
I was wondering if you could help me. I have a 4year old little boy who has autism. He has a very strict diet following multiple tests showing he has yeast overgrowth, nutritional deficiencies, parasites,fungals, immune disfunction. He has no gluten(we can use potatoe starch rice flour etc),casein(we use coconut milk,almond milk, almond butter etc),sugar (we replace this with xyitol, agave syrups),soya,no apples,raisins,no refined carbs only oily fish. He eats only organic foods and we limit his fruit to one per day. I was really hoping if you could tell me any recipes I could cook for him. I would appreciate it more than I can tell you, it would make our lives so much more easier.

Kind regards

Jenny Rozycki
smile

Likes (0)