forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 13 Nov 12 12:06pm

JOFoodTube

Member since Mon 12 Nov 12

Ask Jamie's Food Team

Hello everyone!

My name is Charles and I work for Jamie’s YouTube Channel
I’m in the process of developing ideas for a very exciting mini-series called ‘Jamie’s Food Team is Here to Help’.

In this mini-series members of the public who are passionate about food will have the chance to ask Jamie’s expert food team a question which the team will then answer in a short video.

Would you be interested in taking part of this exciting mini-series and put your questions to the food team? If so please reply by emailing me directly via the link on the left hand side. I will then be able to explain more about the project to you

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best Wishes,
Charles

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 17 Nov 12 12:28pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Re: Ask Jamie's Food Team

Ah! That's why you are looking for questions! thumbsup

Hope you have a few replies  wink

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 17 Nov 12 10:53pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

It's probably not what you want but I'd like to know the process of creating recipes that jamie and his team go through.

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 19 Nov 12 12:01pm

JOFoodTube

Hey Pakman and The White Rabbit!

Pakman, I see you are from Estonia. Maybe you could give Jamie's food team a challenge with an ingredient from typical Estonian cuisine? That would be really interesting!

If you can think of anything you would like to ask please get in touch via the email link on the left.

The White Rabbit, The process of creating recipes is a topic that will probably be covered during some of of the videos we produce as creating recipes is the food team's bread and butter!
What we are looking for are food stories from the public with a related question or problem for the food team to solve.

A fantastic example hit these forums in 2008 when 'pastamaker' asked for help in making "The Worlds Best Lasagna" which could be nothing less than "a piece of truly perfect hand-crafted pasta perfection!"

We are asking members to submit their questions in the form of a short video which we can record using skype. The user account is called jamiefoodtube. I am online all day today and will be able to answer any more questions you have.

Thanks,

Charles.

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 19 Nov 12 3:25pm

hippytea

Occupation Chief cook and bottle-washer
From Scotland
Member since Mon 12 Sep 11

Hi Charles, I sent you an email through the form thing on the website - definitely interested in this. Hope the email got there, I've never used that link before.

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 19 Nov 12 4:43pm

JOFoodTube

Hi Hippytea!

Thank you! I seem to be having a few technical issues at the moment and I have not received your message. If you could send your message again to youtube at jamieoliver dot com that would be awesome.

Also if you are a skype user please add jamiefoodtube

Cheers,

Charles.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 20 Nov 12 4:13pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Nice to have you at JO's Charles.  I am looking forward to Jamie's Youtube.

Likes (0)

#8 Wed 21 Nov 12 9:58am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Cool. One topic that come up a lot here and is a bit tricky even for the forum to answer is "i can't eat x, y and maybe even z for health reasons; what can I substitute for...". I'm thinking gluten free, dairy free, diabetic, etc. Sorry there'll be no video question from me.

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 21 Nov 12 11:30am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Good luck with that, Charles. You'd have noticed that *most* of us with avatars don't use a real photo likeness. I guess that means we value our privacy. No video question from me, either. Hope it works out, though crossed

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#10 Fri 23 Nov 12 10:35pm

Pakman

Forum champ
From Estonia
Member since Tue 06 Oct 09

Actually, there isn't any interesting or off putting stuff on the menu here.
If you eat black pudding, dried fish and like head cheese we are on the same food page....still thinking though   thumbsup

Likes (0)